What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Who will have a better chance to win a Heisman?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I was thinking about the future of the Bulls. And by a year or two we could have 2 to 3 Heisman candidates. Matt Grothe, Mike Ford, and George Selvie. And if Grothe lights it up this season, he will be a serious candidate this season. When the national media describe Grothe, they mention Joe Montana and Doug Flutie. That's some nice comparisons.

• Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully we get some strong recruits in the next two years to help the cause

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Hopefully we get some strong recruits in the next two years to help the cause

With the national expose there getting, the recruits will come. As our program grows and the Big East keeps getting stronger. Bulls will be tops in the state.

• Content Count:  286

I was thinking about the future of the Bulls. And by a year or two we could have 2 to 3 Heisman candidates. Matt Grothe, Mike Ford, and George Selvie. And if Grothe lights it up this season, he will be a serious candidate this season. When the national media describe Grothe, they mention Joe Montana and Doug Flutie. That's some nice comparisons.

Crazy talk.

• Content Count:  5,691

No one if we don't find ways to win games like this weekends. Grothe had a nice yr last yr but one game got him all the attention he has gotten this past off season.

That's how the national media works.

• Content Count:  695

Matt Grothe's problem is this year he's overshadowed in his own conference. If Slaton leaves, then it will be just him and Pat White next year and if Grothe has a strong season this year he might be on the pre-season watch list. In 2009 I think he has a good shot though.

As for Mike Ford, i'd like his chances too but can't he leave after this season? I don't think he will but he will be three years removed from high school, after his sophomore year it will be 4 years and if he has a great freshman and sophomore season, combined with how highly touted he was coming out of high school his NFL draft stock will be sky high and chances are he will leave. If he doesn't, he could be a front-runner along with Grothe is 09 and if he came back in 2010 he'd have an amazingly good shot.

As for Selvie, he's a defensive end so no way but he will have a great career and could easily be a high draft choice when he comes out.

• Content Count:  11,239
  • Days Won:  23

Grothe would be the only one. I think Ford and Selvie will be gone after their Jr. years. Selvie might stay IF we have a serious shot at the Championship, but that would be the only. Just my opinion. Hope I'm wrong though.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  5,560
  • Days Won:  3

Selvie has absolutley no chance to win the heisman.  Grothe better then Ford but its a pretty long shot for any bull.

• Content Count:  9,657
  • Days Won:  9

Selvie could win the Heisman.  And monkeys might fly out of my butt too.  Put the green and gold sunglasses down and step away.  None of the voters know who we are yet, so its pretty safe to say no one on the current roster will win the Heisman.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  36,880
  • Days Won:  28

As for Mike Ford, i'd like his chances too but can't he leave after this season? I don't think he will but he will be three years removed from high school...

Ford had two years at Hargrave ... after his 2,000 yards this season and the National Championship, his stock may be big enough for him to decide to leave  ;D

Nobody should be accused of "crasy talk" until I have added my thoughts.  8)

Archived