• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Confident, nervous, or just plain scared about Auburn game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

I feel like we have everything to gain, and nothing to lose

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

It's going to be a hostile environment so either one of two things will happen.  The team will FEED off of it or they will CHOKE bc of it.  It all comes down to how Leavitt has them prepared mentally for this game. 

I'm excited bc Auburn doesn't have an all powerful offense that is "quick strike".  We have a chance at creating turnovers bc Cox can be rattled.  With turnovers, anything is possible.  If anything, I'm more worried about our offense turning it over on things like INTs for TDs or fumbles for TDs.  Stuff our defense can't defend.  And of course, SPECIAL TEAMS.

We don't want to lose the position battle and I hope Leavitt and crew has a ton of screens drawn up bc Groves is going to be coming hard every play and the best way to beat Auburn is reverses and misdirections to counter their strengths.  They OVERPURSUE ALOT!

I know one thing, this game is WINNABLE.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Really? I feel like we have everything to lose. Might not be right.... but, I feel like a lose could sent our program back a lot.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

Confident !

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

I would be excited if we had any O-line left...

• Content Count:  9

Personally, I'm a little more nervous than excited.  We have been so talked up as a sleeper, that I am afraid that a loss will cause everyone to write us off as a media creation.  That being said I definitely think we have a shot at winning.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I would be excited if we had any O-line left...

I agree.  If we had a healthy O-Line, I would be putting money down on USF.  However, with Capogna and Huners out, and Carnes possibly out, I think we're gonna have some problems.  Serious problems.  Grothe's mobile, but we don't want him scrambling all game long.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I am nothing but excited, I spend 50% of my work day talking to the guys that are going with me about our tailgate, Mike Ford, the game, etc. When we win, everyone is going to be saying upset. I don't buy it, I think we have just as much talent as Auburn in our starters. They may or may not have more depth, but if our guys go out and play our best game, and they play their best game, I think we win.

Now, you add 90k auburn fans and a beat up O-Line to the mix and anything could happen.

I have no fear about media attention though. Who cares if ESPN doesn't mention us again until we beat UofL to wrap up the Big EAST championship. We are in a BCS conference now, we control our own destiny. This is not like Arkansas, South Carolina, or any of the other games we played when we were in C-USA.

If we want to win the NC this year, we must win. Otherwise, it is still going to take winning the Big EAST to get in a BCS game, who cares what the media says after this game?

If we win, we are all going to be going out of our mind with excitement, but no one on here is saying that AU will blow us out, I hope our guys don't get hurt, we shouldn't even be on the field with them, etc. We all know we can (maybe should) win this game, I won't see this as an upset. Monumental win maybe, not an upset.

• Content Count:  869

Nervous.  I just hope to right offense shows up.  That and I hope for a good turnout for the watch party.

Archived