• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

punting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

Did any of you see the punt that Florida State did against Clemson where the punter ran to the side for a rugby-type of punt and ran up to the line of scrimmage and then kicked it -- the plan was for him to get up there and run for a 1st down and if he didn't think he'd get the 1st down, then just kick it...

Interesting play... I can see it's benefits if you have a rugby-style punter in.  Looks like something we would do..

On a side note, does Leavitt still have connections with Kansas State??  I wonder if he had any teamwork with Kansas State coaches on any Auburn game planning...

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Did any of you see the punt that Florida State did against Clemson where the punter ran to the side for a rugby-type of punt and ran up to the line of scrimmage and then kicked it -- the plan was for him to get up there and run for a 1st down and if he didn't think he'd get the 1st down, then just kick it...

Interesting play... I can see it's benefits if you have a rugby-style punter in.  Looks like something we would do..

On a side note, does Leavitt still have connections with Kansas State??  I wonder if he had any teamwork with Kansas State coaches on any Auburn game planning...

Yeah......that was great.......al 14 yards that kick traveled??

Forget the stinkin' punting gimmicks.

Can we just put a REAL punter back there who can consistently kick the ball 40+ yards and more than six feet in the air??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Ya definitely gotta miss Brandon Baker... consistent, long drives that always gave us an advantage in special teams. Gotta miss Justin Geisler too!

• Content Count:  2,052

We need a nationwide search for a punter!!!! Use a schollie for it!!!  Reaper

• Content Count:  4,642

didn't we have some punter commit recently or at least offered him a scholarship?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

we just had an awesome punter commit, so here's to the next few years!

Yeah.....he weighs about 245, and his highlight video claims he runs a 4.68-second 40.

::) ::)

Please.  That's similar to Grothe's speed.

Give me a break.

If he were that size/speed, he'd be recruited by EVERYBODY to play LB.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I think we just signed a punter within the last week.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just so you know MAB, I believe the punter we recruited did play LB as well. I could care less what his speed is listed at, good punters don't need to run. In his Junior year he averaged something like 43 yards/punt. So far this year he only had one punt, but it went for 51 yards. He is working with special kicking coaches and has a goal playing weight of 225 or 230. IIRC, he is 6'4'' tall, so that is a good solid build. I am hopeful he pans out.

• Content Count:  545

we just had an awesome punter commit, so here's to the next few years!

Yeah.....he weighs about 245, and his highlight video claims he runs a 4.68-second 40.

::) ::)

Please.  That's similar to Grothe's speed.

Give me a break.

If he were that size/speed, he'd be recruited by EVERYBODY to play LB.

I saw his video from the UF camp and he does have hangtime and distance.  I am not sure about the 40 time but he does not need to run fast just kick high and far.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Just so you know MAB, I believe the punter we recruited did play LB as well. I could care less what his speed is listed at, good punters don't need to run. In his Junior year he averaged something like 43 yards/punt. So far this year he only had one punt, but it went for 51 yards. He is working with special kicking coaches and has a goal playing weight of 225 or 230. IIRC, he is 6'4'' tall, so that is a good solid build. I am hopeful he pans out.

Yah....that's my point, Bully.

That's obviously a bullcrap 40 time.  Why put that on there?

Like I said, he'd have USC after him to play LB if he w could run a 4.6 @ 245 lbs.

Archived