What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Do you think Gregory has any "TRICKERATION" in his bag?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,369
  • Days Won:  1

We all know that ROD liked a trick play here and there, do you think Gregory has a play or two in his book? 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I certainly hope so.  That was one of the only things I likes about Rod Farva, wait I mean Smith.

I prayed and prayed we wouldn't be running trick plays against Elon. Something Farva, I mean Smith, would have done.

The only real concerns I have against Auburn are Amarii Jackson returning kicks.  If he fumbles a single punt return I think we're doomed.  I am also concerned about the recieving corps.  There didn't seem to be any stand out reciever. They all looked pretty bad as a unit.  How many passes did Jackson drop?

I'm just pretending they were dropping passes and letting Elon drive the ball to psych out Auburn. One can dream.

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I expect at least 47 reverses or double reverses this Saturday....

• Content Count:  3,369

I certainly hope so.  That was one of the only things I likes about Rod Farva, wait I mean Smith.

I prayed and prayed we wouldn't be running trick plays against Elon. Something Farva, I mean Smith, would have done.

The only real concerns I have against Auburn are Amarii Jackson returning kicks.  If he fumbles a single punt return I think we're doomed.  I am also concerned about the recieving corps.  There didn't seem to be any stand out reciever. They all looked pretty bad as a unit.  How many passes did Jackson drop?

I'm just pretending they were dropping passes and letting Elon drive the ball to psych out Auburn. One can dream.

Yes I agree about the number of drops... I think there will be a new punt returner (Denson I hope)... And the receivers, was Dawsey that good of a coach and is the new guy that bad, or do the receivers think we are a running team now and they do not need to show up?

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I expect at least 47 reverses or double reverses this Saturday....

We may run a couple of reverses to keep the defense honest, but against the team speed of Auburn, running a lot of reverses will be a disaster.  They are too fast and will just string it out if we run it too often.

Look for a lot of screens and play action passes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the offense run a a trick play in the first series.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Yes I agree about the number of drops... I think there will be a new punt returner (Denson I hope)... And the receivers, was Dawsey that good of a coach and is the new guy that bad, or do the receivers think we are a running team now and they do not need to show up?

Judging by the number of drops we had the last 2 years and the number of drops that FSU had the other day Canales isn't any worse than Dawsey was.

• Content Count:  2,001
  • Days Won:  0

No coach can change the fact that the receivers are trying to run before they catch the ball.  Receivers, Keep your eyes on the ball.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Don't know about reverses and stuff, but it does need to be a WHOLE lot more creative than what we saw against Elon.

I know they were keeping it close to the vest, so this weekend will show what Gregory's really got.

I hope.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i can totally see us coming out with about 10x as many plays as we saw during the elon game.

i think CJL was saving his trickeration and such for this game - we didn't want to show our cards during the elon game!

• Content Count:  2,469

i can totally see us coming out with about 10x as many plays as we saw during the elon game.

i think CJL was saving his trickeration and such for this game - we didn't want to show our cards during the elon game!

i second this statement

Archived