• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay how many hours to Columbus--- Montgomery

T-Man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

Thanks, SP Tiger.  I'll be staying in Opelika and I'll think I'll take that route.

• Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

In my previous post, I thought I was agreeing with the Tifton turn-off.

Tifton is the way to go.  About an 8-hour trip, depending on how you drive.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Jim was saying he was going to try turning off in/near Macon.

• Content Count:  1,297

Thanks, SP Tiger.   I'll be staying in Opelika and I'll think I'll take that route.

I'm staying there as well...........And I'll be taking that route.  Pretty sure 280 goes straight into Opelika.  I'm betting on a 7.5 hr drive from Tampa.

• Content Count:  5

Pretty sure 280 goes straight into Opelika.  I'm betting on a 7.5 hr drive from Tampa.

That's correct.

BTW, the "near Macon" route is 280 West from Cordele. That used to be the way to go years ago, but now all of the roads from Tifton to Auburn are 4 lanes. Smooth sailing.

Man, I'm jealous of you guys. I should have gotten my act together to go to this game. I've been really proud of what USF has been able to do in such a short time. I should be on the road with you.  : (

Pretty sure 280 goes straight into Opelika.  I'm betting on a 7.5 hr drive from Tampa.

That's correct.

BTW, the "near Macon" route is 280 West from Cordele. That used to be the way to go years ago, but [glow=yellow,2,300]now all of the roads from Tifton to Auburn are 4 lanes[/glow]. Smooth sailing.

Man, I'm jealous of you guys. I should have gotten my act together to go to this game. I've been really proud of what USF has been able to do in such a short time. I should be on the road with you.  : (

Was not sure they were four lanes or not... so looks like I will revise my itinerary and head off I-75 at Tifton as well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Hopefully all you driving up there have burnt your CD with the peritinent HOT songs on them.

If that's in some way illegal, forget you saw this .....

Archived