What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Okay how many hours to Columbus--- Montgomery

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,369
  • Days Won:  1

I think it is 6.5 hours to COlumbus and 7 hours to Montgomery.. Anyone ever do these trips?  Thanks

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

Don't go through Columbus to get to Montgomery . . . the quickest way from Tampa to Montgomery is I-75N to I-10W to 231N in Tallahassee.  You're probably a bit optimistic on the time.  I'd say 7.5 hrs.

• Content Count:  11,253
  • Days Won:  23

Navigating a few tricky spots in Ga. my niece says seven hours. Look at the driving to Columbus thread.

or for me personally, about 60 hrs. from now!

GO BULLS!

I'm taking a slightly different route to Columbus... basically I-75 almost to Macon and then a right-angle, left-turn to Columbus... 20 miles longer, but a lot more Interstate and a lot less US/State highways... 430 miles or so, I expect to make it in about 5 1/2 - 6 hours depending on traffic.

When we drove up to B'ham for the Bowl -- via Montgomery -- it was about 7 1/2 - 8 hours to Montgomery...

• Content Count:  3,369

When we drove up to B'ham for the Bowl -- via Montgomery -- it was about 7 1/2 - 8 hours to Montgomery...

• Content Count:  23

I'm taking a slightly different route to Columbus... basically I-75 almost to Macon and then a right-angle, left-turn to Columbus... 20 miles longer, but a lot more Interstate and a lot less US/State highways... 430 miles or so, I expect to make it in about 5 1/2 - 6 hours depending on traffic.

That's the way I usually go to Auburn games and you're correct about the time.  Have a safe trip.

• Content Count:  2,384

That's the way I usually go to Auburn games and you're correct about the time.  Have a safe trip.

Is this faster than getting off I-75 in Tifton?  Mapquest has the travel time at 6hr 24 min from N. Tampa (probably closer to 6 hrs at my speed).

Is this faster than getting off I-75 in Tifton?  Mapquest has the travel time at 6hr 24 min from N. Tampa (probably closer to 6 hrs at my speed).

I think it will be...

According to Google Maps, it's 402 miles from the USF campus to the Hampton Inn - North where a lot of us are staying if you get off in Tifton.  130 miles of this will be on US Highways and Georgia State Roads.  Getting of I-75 in Perry (just south of Macon) the rout is 425 miles, of which less than 80 miles will be on US Highways and Georgia State Roads.

I figure that means a lot fewer traffic problems.  Google Maps actually has the 2nd route about 9 minutes longer than the first, but given the propensity for traffic on the Interstate to exceed the speed limit, I am willing to bet it's more like 20-30 minutes shorter.

• Content Count:  11,253
  • Days Won:  23

What exit? I'm looking for the fastest rte. Is that hwy 96.?

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  5

Hey, Bulls.

I've made the trip more times than I can count and I've tried every route.

I-75 to Tifton, 82 to Dawson and 280 to Columbus is my #1 route. I usually make it from St.Pete to Auburn in a little over 8 hours. Columbus would be around 7.5 hours.

I hope you have a great trip and enjoy your Auburn experience.

Archived