• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF pics 9/4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

A UCF student took these today:

New Arena - Opens this week with Reba McIntyre and a whole bunch of shows next week leading up to Texas.

The BrightHouse

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Not bad.  They should have done more brick work to the exterior/facade, to make it look better, imho, and hide the interior steel. 

• Content Count:  130
  • Days Won:  0

Not bad.  They should have done more brick work to the exterior/facade, to make it look better, imho, and hide the interior steel. 

I know in some cases, the addition of brick can be cost prohibitive.

When the West skyboxes were expanded a few years back, the original plans didn't call for much brick facade to be included. The faculty ended up demanding it so that it would more closely match the collegiate gothic architecture of campus... I think they said it cost another $2 million or so to add the brick to the design.

7.jpg

Given that UCF was working on a very strict budget (I think they built their stadium for less than UF's last stadium expansion), and probably the hope that they will expand it again in the next decade or two (thus covering up what they would do now), they probably felt that it wasn't a good ROI to brick around the seats.

Archived