• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Sportscenter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Does the same go the other way? Doesn't all this hype pump up our players?

No, quite the opposite.

They start believing the hype... like they already have the game won.

See also (Appalachian State @ Michigan).

This is what scares me most... If we play our A game, we can play with AU and then is anyone's game.  If we get all cocky and "thug up" we're doomed.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

let's hope that the players get motivated to live up to the hype... it's something that we really haven't had to deal with in the past, at least not this much.

maybe they'll realize that it will be a very bad loss especially if we get hyped and dont win.  will that motivate us enough to get focused and come out with a sense or urgency and passion?

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I don't see where we were tested at all by Elon.  There is a big difference between dropping balls when you are open and being challenged by the defense.  We stopped ourselves from scoring more on Saturday, their defense really didn't stop us.  All of our problems were self inflicted.  Especially the stupid penalties.

The biggest challenge will be if our coaches can get our team to stay focused and mentally strong and play smart football.

I actually think that the players' lack luster play against Elon will serve as a wake up call. I'm sure they'll be ready for gametime on Saturday. We need mistake-free USF football against Auburn.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Hey all.

I know I haven't been on here muc lately and for good reasons. Last month I accepted a job from a D-I football program as an administrative assistant.

It is not a rival nor anyone USF will see the field against but it dos give me the opportunity to get exposed to coaching.

Anywas, one thing I've noticed is these kids love to watch ESPNs coverage in hopes of hearing their name etc. Two players got into an argument over their stat ranking on NCAA Football. Thes kids hedge their lives on football and trust me I'm sure every upset pick will be seen and heard by Auburn and USF.

I won't be around ad much because I am working 12-15 hour days at times. But I do have off sat night.

• Content Count:  549

Hey all.

I know I haven't been on here muc lately and for good reasons. Last month I accepted a job from a D-I football program as an administrative assistant.

It is not a rival nor anyone USF will see the field against but it dos give me the opportunity to get exposed to coaching.

Anywas, one thing I've noticed is these kids love to watch ESPNs coverage in hopes of hearing their name etc. Two players got into an argument over their stat ranking on NCAA Football. Thes kids hedge their lives on football and trust me I'm sure every upset pick will be seen and heard by Auburn and USF.

I won't be around ad much because I am working 12-15 hour days at times. But I do have off sat night.

Congratulations Joe.

I always like arguing back and forth with you so don't be gone too much. :gobulls

For the programs, this would be a huge upset, but really, in 2007, if you look at the rankings it wouldn't be much of one.  I think Auburn is ripe for the picking after being exposed by K-State, and the Elon game should really focus the Bulls.  I like how it looks right now.

• Content Count:  3,103

I'm not worried about our defense at all.  With two experienced linebackers in Big Ben and Tyrone, also add in our two stud cornerbacks, our defense has the leadership to keep them level-headed.  I especially like having Tyrone there since he has played big games like this the past two years in the Big 12.  What worries me is our offense, and having our recievers come out thinking they are better then they are and coming out cocky.  We need our wide recievers to be level-headed, and to come out and play a good sound game.

Archived