• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF..worst possible scenarios

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  0

So, how bad do you think it would be if UCF upset Texas on 9/15? What would it do to their program, and how would it affect ours? Especially if we lose Auburn, WVU, and Louisville...I think they leapfrog us as the up and coming program. Any thoughts?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

So, how bad do you think it would be if UCF upset Texas on 9/15? What would it do to their program, and how would it affect ours? Especially if we lose Auburn, WVU, and Louisville...I think they leapfrog us as the up and coming program. Any thoughts?

You may get more hits on this on The State of Florida College Athletics Board ..... and you may want to add how our game with UCF turns out to your hypothetical..... I'm assuming we lose.  ;)

State of Florida College Athletics Board

• Content Count:  3,078

if Texas loses to TCU this week and then UCF too.... very little for their program, it will just be chalked up as beating another BCS team while they are down. 

• Content Count:  162

if Texas loses to TCU this week and then UCF too.... very little for their program, it will just be chalked up as beating another BCS team while they are down. 

Okay - for arguments sake let's take your idea that Texas loses to TCU...who btw is ranked at #22 or something like that.  Texas would fall in the rankings, but would most certainly remain in the top 25.

You mean to think that UCF beating a ranked Texas team in our first game in our new stadium on national TV would do very little for the program?

Think about all the publicity and respect that USF has gotten for WV.  That's the kind of victory that this would be for UCF, especially since we would be 2-0 at that point with victories against BCS schools.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Okay - for arguments sake let's take your idea that Texas loses to TCU...who btw is ranked at #22 or something like that.  Texas would fall in the rankings, but would most certainly remain in the top 25.

You mean to think that UCF beating a ranked Texas team in our first game in our new stadium on national TV would do very little for the program?

Think about all the publicity and respect that USF has gotten for WV.  That's the kind of victory that this would be for UCF, especially since we would be 2-0 at that point with victories against BCS schools.

You would get a lot of respect nationally, but not as much as when we beat WVU, unless Texas beats TCU and remains in top 10.  WVU was ranked #7 when we beat them.  About where  TX is ranked now.  If TX loses to TCU, they would have barely beaten a Sun Belt Team, and lost to TCU going into your game.  So, people will look at it like they weren't very good (by Texas Standards).  They would probably be ranked around 20th or so going into your game (my guess).  Still it would be huge for you guys, but not as big as beating a #7 WVU.  Especially if they are coming off a close win against Ark St. and a loss to TCU.  It would be big for UCF though.

Off topic, I see most on your board want us to lose to AU.  I would think as a Knight fan, you would want as high a ranked USF team as possible going into USF/UCF game.  So if for some reason (Won't happen, of course) you manage to beat us, you would get even more respect.

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

As far as recruiting what would George's answer be to "can my son play in a BCS bowl"?

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

So, how bad do you think it would be if UCF upset Texas on 9/15? What would it do to their program, and how would it affect ours? Especially if we lose Auburn, WVU, and Louisville...I think they leapfrog us as the up and coming program. [glow=red,2,300]Any thoughts?[/glow]

yeah, leave the IFS to our buddies to the east

• Content Count:  3,078

the media would not be talking abotu USF beating Texas, they would be talking about how bad Texas is this year and at the end of the segment someone would throw out "and kudos to UCF" or something like that.  The focus would not be on UCF, it would be on Texas sucking.  big difference

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

As far as recruiting what would George's answer be to "can my son play in a BCS bowl"?

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived