What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Another Uniform Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,657
  • Days Won:  9

Was it me, or did our numbers on the back of our jerseys appear smaller and wider than last years?  Can anybody back this up or post pics from last year versus this year?  I noticed it when I was watching the tape of the game.  In person I didn't catch it. 

Shoop, where are you when I need you most??  I'm not saying its good or bad, just a little bit different........

Something to break the monotony of Elon discussions and Auburn what ifs............

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I think the numbers might be up a little closer to the bottom of the nameplate this year. But the numbers look like they're the same size.

This is the best comparison I could find - these are smiliarly sized pictures of Grothe and you can see the 8 is closer to his name in the Elon picture than it is in the UConn picture.

Elon:

http://bullsgallery.com/gallery/v/MikeG/2007/elon/IMG_7936.JPG.html

UConn:

http://bullsgallery.com/gallery/v/MikeG/2006/UConn/IMG_8305.JPG.html

• Content Count:  6,891
  • Days Won:  0

I was just thinking last Saturday night how much I like the USF home uniforms. I would hope that we do not change a thing for a few years. The green on green has a strong (almost Military) look. Please no white or gold home uniform pants.

Checking out the cheer leaders...... have they changed the USF gold color to a "Georgia Tech" gold?

• Content Count:  9,657
  • Days Won:  9

I think you are right about being a tad higher on the jersey, but they still appear a little bit smaller to me.  Not by much.  They still look good though. 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Overall, I like our uniforms.

Still hate the irrelevant black helmet decal & facemask.

The green on green has grown on me (still would love to see gold pants, though).

The green looks 100% better than it did a few years ago.  It used to be darker, and when the players started sweating, they pretty much looked black.

Well, I wouldn't mind it if they went one step lighter to account for the darkening effect of the sweat.

Now......let the folks who hate uniform threads, yet curiously enough read every single one of them, commence with their rants...

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Overall, I like our uniforms.

Still hate the irrelevant black helmet decal & facemask.

The green on green has grown on me (still would love to see gold pants, though).

The green looks 100% better than it did a few years ago.  It used to be darker, and when the players started sweating, they pretty much looked black.

Well, I wouldn't mind it if they went one step lighter to account for the darkening effect of the sweat.

Now......let the folks who hate uniform threads, yet curiously enough read every single one of them, commence with their rants...

I agree with everything you just wrote.

• Content Count:  919

I love a good uniform thread . . .

I really want to dislike the green pants, because I'm a traditionalist.  I love classic uni's like Penn State.  Anyway, the green on green looks the best at home.  I think I still favor white on white on the road because I just can't get 100% behind green pants.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I really want to dislike the green pants, because I'm a traditionalist.  I love classic uni's like Penn State.  Anyway, the green on green looks the best at home.  I think I still favor white on white on the road because I just can't get 100% behind green pants.

You and I are in the vast minority in liking the white-on-white for road games.

However, I like the green pants with white jerseys as well.

I'd like them to switch it up a bit, but we haven't seen white-on-white for a while, have we?

Fix that woefully irrelevant black decal & facemask, and I'll be satisfied.

By the way, Shoop.....

Did you notice Elon had the shade of gold helmets that we should have?

• Content Count:  1,254

You and I are in the vast minority in liking the white-on-white for road games.

However, I like the green pants with white jerseys as well.

I'd like them to switch it up a bit, but we haven't seen white-on-white for a while, have we?

Fix that woefully irrelevant black decal & facemask, and I'll be satisfied.

By the way, Shoop.....

Did you notice Elon had the shade of gold helmets that we should have?

I love the white on white. It is my favorite uniform we have. As for the home jerseys I am all for the green on green. I think white pants would look tacky with a green jersey not having a white helmet, and I just don't think I'd like the gold. Leave everything as is (minus the black helmet decal).

Archived