• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF lost points in coaches poll... down to 20 total.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

[table][tr][td]1.[/td][td]Southern California (49)[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1,486[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2.[/td][td]LSU (4)[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1,417[/td][td]2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3.[/td][td]Florida (7)[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1,341[/td][td]3[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]4.[/td][td]West Virginia[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1,275[/td][td]6[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]5.[/td][td]Wisconsin[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1,183[/td][td]7[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]6.[/td][td]Oklahoma[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1,146[/td][td]8[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]7.[/td][td]Texas[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1,136[/td][td]4[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]8.[/td][td]Louisville[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]995[/td][td]11[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]9.[/td][td]Virginia Tech[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]988[/td][td]9[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]10.[/td][td]California[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]985[/td][td]12[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]11.[/td][td]Ohio State[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]977[/td][td]10[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]12.[/td][td]Georgia[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]796[/td][td]13[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]13.[/td][td]Auburn[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]644[/td][td]14[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]14.[/td][td]UCLA[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]607[/td][td]17[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]15.[/td][td]Penn State[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]585[/td][td]18[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]16.[/td][td]Rutgers[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]576[/td][td]16[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]17.[/td][td]Nebraska[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]512[/td][td]19[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]18.[/td][td]Arkansas[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]455[/td][td]20[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]19.[/td][td]TCU[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]351[/td][td]22[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]20.[/td][td]Boise State[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]315[/td][td]23[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]21.[/td][td]Georgia Tech[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]311[/td][td]NR[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]22.[/td][td]Hawaii[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]269[/td][td]24[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]23.[/td][td]Texas A&M[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]214[/td][td]25[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]24.[/td][td]Tennessee[/td][td]0-1[/td][td]162[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]25.[/td][td]Boston College[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]153[/td][td]NR[/td][/tr][/table]

Dropped out: No. 5 Michigan (0-1, lost to Applachian State 34-32), No. 21 Florida State (0-1, lost to Clemson 24-18).

Others receiving votes: Clemson 145; Michigan 132; Miami (Fla.) 61; Brigham Young 49; Oregon 41; South Carolina 34; Missouri 29; Texas Tech 25; Oregon State 24; Alabama 21; South Florida 20; Southern Mississippi 16; Florida State 14; Kentucky 4; Arizona State 3; Iowa 1; Wake Forest 1; Washington 1.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

With our lack of execution against the greatness that is Elon this doesn't surprise me.  Im surprised we didnt lose more. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Others receiving votes: Clemson 145; Michigan 132; Miami (Fla.) 61; Brigham Young 49; Oregon 41; South Carolina 34; Missouri 29; Texas Tech 25; Oregon State 24; Alabama 21; South Florida 20; Southern Mississippi 16; Florida State 14; Kentucky 4; Arizona State 3; Iowa 1; Wake Forest 1; Washington 1.

Will modify with the rest of the poll...

The idiots that gave votes to Michigan should lose their right to vote in this poll.

Found this ...

Results of the AP Poll on college football rankings and coaches won't be released until tonight this week because of Monday's  game between Florida State and Clemson (6 p.m., ESPN).

The idiots that gave votes to Michigan should lose their right to vote in this poll.

Michigan plummets from Top 25 coaches' poll

By Steve Wieberg, USA TODAY

College football coaches are reaching out to one of their own, calling Michigan's Lloyd Carr with words of encouragement in the wake of the Wolverines' shocking loss to lower-division Appalachian State.

There is less sympathy, however, from those casting ballots in the USA TODAY coaches' poll.

Michigan, ranked No. 5 in the preseason poll, fell from the Top 25 this week, the latest fallout from Saturday's 34-32 upset-for-the-ages by Appalachian.

Twenty-two of the 60 head coaches kept the Wolverines on their ballots  one putting them 10th  but the total points were not high enough to keep them from disappearing from the rankings for the first time since the end of the 2005 season.

The poll's top three remained the same: Southern California, LSU and Florida. West Virginia's 62-24 rout of Western Michigan moved the Mountaineers from No. 6 to No. 4, and Wisconsin rounded out the top five.

The Associated Press media poll was to be released later Tuesday.

How much better will it get for Michigan, the first ranked team from the NCAA's I-A (now called Football Bowl Subdivision) to lose to an opponent from Division I-AA (Football Championship Subdivision)?

TCU (in 2002), Navy (in '03) and New Mexico (last season) rebounded sufficiently from early losses to lower-division opponent to reach bowls. But [glow=yellow,2,300]no team from at least as far back as 1996 in one of the six marquee conferences  Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pacific-10 and Southeastern  came back to post so much as a winning record. There were 14 prior to Michigan.[/glow]

Carr on Tuesday acknowledged the phoned support from his coaching brethren, declining to specify who has called him since Saturday.

Going into this week's game vs. Oregon, though, he was frank about his and his team's uncomfortable situation.

Among other things, the loss to Appalachian State has fueled speculation about his coaching future beyond this season.

"Regardless of whether you've won or lost, there's a lot of issues. It's just a lot more fun dealing with those issues coming off a win," Carr said.

"I don't think there's any question that you have to face the reality of your performance, the things you need to do to get better and the things that you need to do to focus and win this week."

Link

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Who the hell put them 10th?

• Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  0

Yea, how did Michigan get 132 points? I don't care how you package that loss, U of M lost to D1AA school. The voters have it to where if Michigan beats oregon, they'll be back in the top 25. I think the voters are forgetting that they LOSS TO A D1AA school. The coaches poll has lost some creditbility with me. I don't care if they were #5 or not.

I was once a Michigan fan, but no longer. I'm tired of Lloyd Carr and I'm quit happy that they were beaten by ASU. U of M was once my second favorite team behind USF. Time to jump off this ship that has been sinking for 5 years. I guess I'll follow Michigan State or something. *Note I was born and raised in Detroit so U of M football was all I knew....until I found my new religion; USF Football. I can bandwagon schools I don't donate to.  

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Lost votes, but did we gain a position? I seem to remember we were 37th overall before; we're 36th now.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Louisville and West Virginia both jump a couple places. I'm hoping USC loses to Nebraska, LSU loses to Va Tech and Florida loses to Tennessee next week. Then we host the No. 1 team in the nation when WVU comes to town.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,477
  • Days Won:  422

Yea, how did Michigan get 132 points? I don't care how you package that loss, U of M lost to D1AA school. The voters have it to where if Michigan beats oregon, they'll be back in the top 25. I think the voters are forgetting that they LOSS TO A D1AA school. The coaches poll has lost some creditbility with me. I don't care if they were #5 or not.

I was once a Michigan fan, but no longer. I'm tired of Lloyd Carr and I'm quit happy that they were beaten by ASU. U of M was once my second favorite team behind USF. Time to jump off this ship that has been sinking for 5 years. I guess I'll follow Michigan State or something. *Note I was born and raised in Detroit so U of M football was all I knew....until I found my new religion; USF Football. I can bandwagon schools I don't donate to.  

The coaches must have taken into consideration that this just wasn't your average run-of-the-mill 1AA team. Per Sagarin rankings, App State would have been at the top of three 1A conferences at the end of last year. UM still shouldn't have lost, though, but it's not as horrific as it may appear.

Archived