• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TIGERS WARY OF BULLS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

TIGERS WARY OF BULLS

[glow=yellow,2,300]No one at Auburn is paying much attention to South Florida's struggles in last Saturday's 28-13 win over Division I-AA Elon. It is widely believed that the Bulls spent most of their preseason working toward their game at Auburn.[/glow]

"They put a lot of the speed on the field," [defensive coordinator Will] Muschamp said. "They spread you out and throw it or run it."

Mike Ford, a 20-year-old freshman who twice signed with Alabama but was denied admission, ran for 83 yards and scored three touchdowns against Elon. And he only carried the ball six times.

The Bulls have established something of a reputation as a giant-killer in the Big East. Last season, they went on the road and knocked off West Virginia. A year earlier, they blew out Louisville at home.

Source

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

from the same site...

TOUGH NIGHT FOR COX

Senior quarterback Brandon Cox said he was "out of it" at times during the game against Kansas State and missed some obvious checkoffs that would helped Auburn's offense. Center Jason Bosley said he knew something was amiss.

"A couple of times I was like 'I don't know if this is right,'" Bosley said. "But he's the quarterback."

Cox said the 57-yard drive to the winning touchdown late in the fourth quarter washed away the disappointment.

"That made it all worth it," Cox said, "to lead them down there in crunch time."

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I can't friggin wait...  The paper has auburn as 7.5 fav's 

Archived