• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ray Jay Comments and Concerns

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

I am a big supporter of us playing in Ray Jay but my friends and I started talking on Saturday about how cool it would be to walk up into the stadium and see USF pics and signs and not Bucs.  Is this not a City owned stadium?  Some of those big signs in the corners of the stadium do change, would it be so hard to put a USF pic on 1 or 2 of them?

Also, what will it take for them to open the North Side parking lots earlier than 4?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I am a big supporter of us playing in Ray Jay but my friends and I started talking on Saturday about how cool it would be to walk up into the stadium and see USF pics and signs and not Bucs.  Is this not a City owned stadium?  Some of those big signs in the corners of the stadium do change, would it be so hard to put a USF pic on 1 or 2 of them?

Also, what will it take for them to open the North Side parking lots earlier than 4?

Let's get one thing straight....

As long as we're in the Bucs' stadium (and make no mistake.....that is the Bucs' stadium!)......

Malcom Glazer is USF's daddy.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Daddy Glazer owns that stadium and the whole public stadium deal is sham.  We will never see any signifcant USF changes to that stadium until we starting championships and packing it to capacity because then it will be a nice little stream of $$$ for Glazer. The Glazers will only invest in the USF fan base when we start filling that place up every game. 

1. It costs $$ to change the signs... and considering USF doesn't get a dime from the advertising on those signs, USF isn't interested in changing them.  Now, if USF could sell the space for ads, then you'd see USF themed signs there.

2. My guess ... To open the North Side lots before 4 would require the South Side lots to basically fill up before 4... there isn't enough demand for early parking, yet... or get people to stop tailgating at the mall before 4... the north side lots will be the last ones to start opening early.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

of those big signs in the corners of the stadium do change, would it be so hard to put a USF pic on 1 or 2 of them?

The advertisers that are on those signs have contracts for them.

• Content Count:  869

Listen.  Some of us hear remember when there was no USF Football.  We are 12 years in and getting some momentum.  We pay a relatively small amount to play in RayJay.  Tampa is a sports town, we need to play in a real stadum.  This OCS discussion is about 20 years early.  Yes RayJay is a sea of red, but the field is still green and that is where the action is.

When it does come,  the on-campus stadium will be on the site of old University Mall. It will be Lee Roy Selmon Stadium sponosored by Outback Steakhouse.  I will be retired and driving an RV over to tailgate.

UCF has poured down money for their new OCS, an indoor training facility, and Coach O'Leary - if this is not UCF's year with all these investments, they have a 40 million dollar plus reminder of the shoulda, woulda, coulda been a contender.

Some of us are still making payments on the on-campus Athletic Training Facility, there are other things that need funding before we do these things.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

Daddy Glazer owns that stadium and the whole public stadium deal is sham.  We will never see any signifcant USF changes to that stadium until we starting championships and packing it to capacity because then it will be a nice little stream of $$$ for Glazer. The Glazers will only invest in the USF fan base when we start filling that place up every game.   

Just because the Glaziers are shrewd businessmen and Tampa politicians (and voters) fell for their tactics-- don't condemn them for putting one over Tampa.

YES+= they DO MAKE money on USF games but there is a certain cap on that and it covers all events not related to the actual Bucs games themselves (or so it has been explained here before). I don't know if that would change anything really for USF if we started selling out SHORT of giving us more leverage as a money generating tenant when it comes time to resign our lease arrangement. I know that we rent out sections as needed-- so the more seats we fill, the more it costs in rent. OF course we also make a killing on those ticket sales so it's a win win when we get to that point. And depending on how this season progresses and the next etc== we may be getting close to creating that fever Tampa fans flock to. Our performance against Elon was nothing to brag about but the rest of the season is one big ticket after another for various reasons ( I had a thread about it a few weeks ago).

Bottom line to me is simply this-- changing certain features of the stadium simply isn't happening. Call it the Glaziers fault if you want-- that stadium was built primarily with the Bucs in mind. And they aren't going to roll over for anyone. Why do you think the Broncos traded Jake PLummer to the Bucs? Because they know how to hard ball better than any owners in the NFL. But hey-- we still have outstanding facilities to play in so let's be happy for that. It meets our needs for the next ten or fifteen years (or until some Bull fan hits the powerball)>

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

Demand and More Donors will eventually get us the OCS ... please read the "pinned" thread on the top of this forum.

Ask not what USF can do for you, but what YOU can do for USF !

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

here we go again!!!

• Content Count:  4,642

we need to build up the rest of everything else that is athletic first before we even THINK about an OCS

Archived