• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

thoughts...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

ben williams

While he looks  alot  better  than  last  year  he  still  avg  3.5 ypc.

passing  game

anyone  else  think one  of  the  reasons  we  threw  so  much  is  because  of  grothes  missed  reps  in  practice???i think the stuff knew our  running  game  would  be  good enuff but we  needed the  passing  game  to come together..

Selvie

is  a  beast  leads nation  in sacks(4) and tfl(6).how many tackles did he  really  have?ive  read  anywhere from 8-10.

Moffitt

while  he was all over  the  field  i read he  only had 1 tackle.thts hard to  believe.

lbing core

is  awesome,i will wait until after  the  Aub,Wvu and RU game to decide if they were better than  last  yr.brouce played one hell of a game.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

While we are on our thoughts.... I don't think B. Williams was down in his first long run and I don't think Ford was out of bounds either in his TD run.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I agree with you on Ben Williams, tampaboi.

I like that little guys, and it's nice to have him as a #2 or #3 option.

Give him the ball a few times per game, and I think he's doing what he can.

We've just got too much young talent back there now that will only get  better with more carries & snaps.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

While we are on our thoughts.... I don't think B. Williams was down in his first long run and I don't think Ford was out of bounds either in his TD run.

I don't think he was out of bounds either.  I was yelling that at the game because we were sitting on the seven yard line and I thought I had a pretty good look at it.  I will have to watch it again to be sure.  No one else was climbing on the bandwagon, so maybe I missed it and he was out of bounds.

Seems like people have posted that ben's shoulder pads hit the ground on his run.

• Content Count:  1,757

It looked like Ford stepped out from our angle at the game.  But it was barely by the edge of his foot.

How about that 3-back set?!?  Now someone with old school formation knowledge, would that be the "wishbone"?  If not, what would you call that?  I thought I was back at USAFA for a minute there...

• Content Count:  1,297

I don't think he was out of bounds either.  I was yelling that at the game because we were sitting on the seven yard line and I thought I had a pretty good look at it.  I will have to watch it again to be sure.  No one else was climbing on the bandwagon, so maybe I missed it and he was out of bounds.

Seems like people have posted that ben's shoulder pads hit the ground on his run.

Funny....I'm watching the game right now and paused it right on Ben's long run he almost broke for a TD.  His shoulder pad is clearly on the ground.  And on Mike Ford's run.....his foot clearly stepped on white.  Both calls were correct.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, I jsut saw the video of Williams... his shoulder is down.

Still not sold on Ford... but, not that it matters though.

Oh man, Just watched Ford's run again....I think I've watched it so many times I'm siking myself out now.  Too close to call.  Oh well, he punched it in........and how about J.Taylor's block on that play.  Ben's not the only back that can block.  So people need to stop that arguement right there.

Oh man, Just watched Ford's run again....I think I've watched it so many times I'm siking myself out now.  Too close to call.  Oh well, he punched it in........and how about J.Taylor's block on that play.  Ben's not the only back that can block.  So people need to stop that arguement right there.

It's about PASS blocking, Chip.  Williams knows ALL of the plays, and can pick up blitzers... watch the WVU again, on Ean's TD Williams picked up a blitzing LB giving Grothe time to throw.

It's about PASS blocking, Chip.  Williams knows ALL of the plays, and can pick up blitzers... watch the WVU again, on Ean's TD Williams picked up a blitzing LB giving Grothe time to throw.

I've seen it a thousand times.  I'm all about Benny's Pass blocking.  I think our other backs are just as capable.  It obviously will take time to see what they can do....given their limited game playing time.  But it's my opinion.....and I'm confident the other backs will be able to pick up the blitzer just like Benny can.  But just my opinion.

Archived