• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scoreboard Game Intro? Eric Soncrant?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

By far the best intro we have ever had was from the early years with just highlights and music. The way the highlights were broken up and the way the music built up got me so fired up.

Although I will never be able to explain it well enough to do it justice, I will try to explain.

The major highlight was a 90+ yr KO return by Charlie Jackson. That highlight is broken up into several stages and each stage is separated by some other great highlights. The KO return starts with the kick and CJ catching it near the goal line on one side of the field. The next segment a few highlights later returns with CJ racing across the field trying to get behind the wall that is being set up on the other side of the field. A couple of opposing players nearly get to him while he is crossing the field. They break away to some more highlights of other games. When they return to the main highlight, CJ turns the corner and is tearing up field, escaping more tackles. By this time, the music track is building up energy. As the intro progresses and various highlights are shown we return to CJ crossing the 50 and running past the Bulls sideline which has just erupted, sensing CJ is going to break it. They break away to more highlights and when they return the music is at a crescendo and CJ crosses the goal line. The whole kick return team catches up to him and a great celebration ensues.

Boy I get fired up just thinking about it. I wish I could get a copy of that one and post it for everyone. It was relatively basic without any fancy animation or graphics but the combination of music and highlights just worked perfectly.

If anyone knows how to get that clip, I would be eternally grateful.

Archived