What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

You call that vanilla?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Matt Grothe sets a career record for pass attempts and that's a vanilla offensive gameplan?

Vanilla to me would be running the ball every down alternating Williams, Ford and Taylor. 

Hiding Ford from Auburn???  Unless the Auburn coaches have been living under a rock for the past year they already know all about Mike Ford. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It was vanilla.  We probably used about 1/10th of the playbook.  So while more passing was done, that is what is needed to keep Grothe healthy. 

• Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

passing a lot doesnt mean that they used "elaborate" plays.......

• Content Count:  291

very vanilla offense side plan last night, the plays called were ran multiple times, and a "HUGE" majority of the plays were kept under wraps for next week. Don't be worried about the offense showing last night, they were running at 35-45% just enough to get buy with a win and keep enough concealed for Auburn game.

• Content Count:  9,657
  • Days Won:  9

It looked like alot of the same pass plays to me.  They might have been thrown to different receivers, but they were in essence the same play.

• Content Count:  2,686

very vanilla offense side plan last night, the plays called were ran multiple times, and a "HUGE" majority of the plays were kept under wraps for next week. Don't be worried about the offense showing last night, they were running at 35-45% just enough to get buy with a win and keep enough concealed for Auburn game.

I completely agree.  In fact I was talking to someone last night, close to the team, who used that exact term, "vanilla."  Basically this person said we should not worry based on this performance because the full playbook was not being used.

Archived