• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How was HOT Band?!?!?! (Watched on the TV)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I was in the SE Corner and was pleased to hear the band down there.  I had heard some rumors that the SE Corner was a bad section to hear to band, but it worked out pretty good.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

The band was big, loud and good.  I spent some time in the south end zone and if anyone complains that they can't hear them from there, maybe they should get one of these:

hearing_aid.jpg

It depend on WHERE you are in the south endzone. If you're in the corner, next to the visitors, you can hear the band........but they never get your attention. If you're not paying attention or specifically listening FOR the band, you probably wont notice the band.

• Content Count:  1,400

the band is huge Love the trumpet heavy music they are playing

what ever happened to the cd that was in the making?

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Thought the band sounded great.

Would like a little more #8 during the game.

• Content Count:  1,212

BigShoop said:

It depend on WHERE you are in the south endzone. If you're in the corner, next to the visitors, you can hear the band........but they never get your attention. If you're not paying attention or specifically listening FOR the band, you probably wont notice the band.

I was in the center of the end zone, near the top.  Didn't have any trouble hearing them with these old ears.

• Content Count:  565

I was in the H.O.T. for the 2004 and 2005 seasons, and much like the football team, the Band has improved tremendously in the last 2 years, since joining the Big East. Dr. Robinson, the director of the band is unparalleled in terms of wanting the band to exceed expectations, and the musicians are all some of the most hard-working people out there. Their musical selections and attempts to "pep up" the student section have improved greatly.

And for the more naive among us, the band is a facet of athletics, specifically the "spirit" aspect of it, much like the Sun Dolls and Rocky.

• Content Count:  134

Can we please start a band section for this site.  I'm tired of the band posts on the "athletics" board.

You're tired of band posts after just 26 posts yourself???  The Band and USF Athletics go hand in hand, and the posts belong.

I thought the band was pretty loud.  I had heard rumors that it might be tough to hear them in the section I was sitting in, but I could hear them fine.  The only thing that was disturbing was the quick halftime show.  It seemed like it was only 4 minutes long.  Seemed like last year they were able to play longer.

Are we having a pissing contest as to who has more posts?  The posts about the band do not belong and that is my opinion.  I have had other screen names on this board and stopped posting.  So please don't assume.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Can we please start a band section for this site.  I'm tired of the band posts on the "athletics" board.

You're tired of band posts after just 26 posts yourself???  The Band and USF Athletics go hand in hand, and the posts belong.

I thought the band was pretty loud.  I had heard rumors that it might be tough to hear them in the section I was sitting in, but I could hear them fine.  The only thing that was disturbing was the quick halftime show.  It seemed like it was only 4 minutes long.  Seemed like last year they were able to play longer.

Are we having a pissing contest as to who has more posts?  The posts about the band do not belong and that is my opinion.  I have had other screen names on this board and stopped posting.  So please don't assume.

I don't care how many posts you have....

But you are flat out wrong about this.

Band threads have very much to do with football & basketball games.

A good marching band adds true collegiate atmosphere.

And we sho' 'nuff have a GREAT, AWESOME, SUPERB marching band now!!!

So keep up the great work, HOT, and keep the band-related posts coming, Bulls fans.

• Content Count:  1,532

I'm just glad the band is improving along with everything else.  I could care less what one poster thinks... the band will be in Auburn supporting our Footbulls this weekend!

Archived