• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How was HOT Band?!?!?! (Watched on the TV)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Just wondering how HOT was?  I could go on about the game itself...but I pretty much share the same opinions as most on this board. 

LETS CHANGE TOPICS, Shall We? 

So...The Band looked much bigger on TV and they were also FREAKIN LOUD ON TV!!!  Was it as good at the game...

Anyone have pics???

Take Care!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  134

Can we please start a band section for this site.  I'm tired of the band posts on the "athletics" board.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Can we please start a band section for this site.  I'm tired of the band posts on the "athletics" board.

You're tired of band posts after just 26 posts yourself???  The Band and USF Athletics go hand in hand, and the posts belong.

I thought the band was pretty loud.  I had heard rumors that it might be tough to hear them in the section I was sitting in, but I could hear them fine.  The only thing that was disturbing was the quick halftime show.  It seemed like it was only 4 minutes long.  Seemed like last year they were able to play longer.

• Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

The band sounded and looked great. You can tell that they are bigger by seeing that they are taking up more seats in their section. Pretty much the corner of the stadium. I sat on the opposite of the field, and I could hear them just fine. No complaints here about the band. Just keep up the good work. Cant wait until the North Carolina game.

• Content Count:  1,212

The band was big, loud and good.  I spent some time in the south end zone and if anyone complains that they can't hear them from there, maybe they should get one of these:

hearing_aid.jpg

• Content Count:  1,532

^ I'll ignore the "recruit" status poster... cheerleaders, sundolls, rocky, and the band have always been welcome on this board.  Thank you to the rest.

The band is around 295 exactly... which means they surpassed their number goal of 275.  The director and many others believe 350 would be perfect for Ray Jay's size... and they are trying to grow to that.  They are also taking up ANOTHER section on top of what they had last year.  This section bends and kinda partly faces the south, which helped people hear them in the south east side (I did a little research).  Anyone else hear them better in the south east?

David... for the band geek side of what you ask... the band sounded full (how could they not with 21 tubas) and pretty clean.  They still need a little work since they got rained out a little during camp (lighting struck the field lights one night!).  A few usual tuba hold overs and little things, nothing that can't be fixed by the members themselves.  Sounds great.

• Content Count:  2,363

I was listening on Internet radio, and y'all definitely sounded good, and I thought I heard a few new charts, including folks singing along heartily to "Hey Baby"... I can't wait to see y'all live, which will hopefully be Homecoming...

• Content Count:  3,574

What happened to the Iconic Bull covers?

We need those back ASAP.

Thank you ;)

• Content Count:  1,532

What happened to the Iconic Bull covers?

We need those back ASAP.

Thank you ;)

Wow, I forgot to look... good catch.  They may have run out of them... with 21 tubas and all. 

FYI... uniforms still on order... should be out on the field within the next few weeks (3 maybe...)!

• Content Count:  3,574

Wow, I forgot to look... good catch.  They may have run out of them... with 21 tubas and all. 

I see.  We need to order more then.  I love the covers...

Archived