• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My thoughts of the night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

- great tailgating this evening. lots of people out, especially the students in the mall. The storms didn't turn the students away from the party. It was crazy out there, and I hope it continues. However, the lots were a war zone after the game. I feel sorry for who ever has to cleanup.

- Attendance was pretty good, considering the storms earlier. Once again, the students came out in force. Now we just need them to stay the whole game as well as get into it, not just be there.

- Pregame would have been great, but kind of lacked the effect after the firework mishap. Hope he's okay.

- Offense looked sloppy. Grothe and the recievers need to get on the same page. The line needs to get their assignments down. The bright spot being Mike Ford. He's a beast that should have teams scared.

- Defense looks to be primed for another dominant year, but still a few things that need to get nailed down. I hope the secondary was just not focused tonight, because it didn't look like the same one we've been hearing about all off-season. T-Mac is a beast. Selvie is a beast. Hell the whole front 7 are beasts. Only thing for them is to remember to stay at home; we had a bit of trouble with reverse directions tonight.

- Special teams. I hope Leavitt rips them up for tonight. That was pretty bad. Punting was bad. Returns were bad. The only person you can't go after is Alvarado.

- Too many mistakes. Fumbles, penalties, and dropped passes. The boys need some extra laps to get that in their head.

- I hope that this was just getting the rust off and playing really conservitave, because Auburn will destroy us if we play like this.

- I'm going to hit up the student section in general here.

---Glad to see a long line at the gates to get in early.

---Beefstuds were very well behaved tonight, and I did hear certain people taking leadership roles to keep people in check. *applause* Still don't appreciate being told by a guy that the Beefstuds have always had the entire row to themsleves (not true), and then hear some others bad mouth other students who choose not to sit in the first 3 rows.

---We still have the most uncoordinated students in the world. We have no sense of pace or rythem. It's kind of embarressing sometimes. And the BULLS*** chant was over-used inappropriately tonight; which is really annoying, especially when the call is in your favor.

---There were a couple of fights I saw in the 2nd half. beer+testosterone+low IQ+small space=bad recipe. Does this happen at other school's student sections?

---Glad that everyone was smart enough not to join in the idiots chant "F*** Elon". They were the only ones doing it, and everyone else kind of looked at them with disgust.

1 down, 5 to go

• Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

- I re-watched the game, and there were conservatively 10 dropped passes last night. With very few being the fault of the QB. The ball was there....and didnt get caught.

- Speaking of which, I'm tired of hearing about Amarri Jackson's "playmaking ability". He had ONE good game in his career and he's known as some sort of "gamebreaker". Bullcrap. He doesnt protect the football, he runs east to west, he has alligator arms, and he wont make the tough catch over the middle.

He's tall, he's fast, he looks like good football player.........until the ball gets in his vicinity. Get this man OFF of the return team. PLEASE.

Am I being too harsh? 3 drops and a fumble say I'm not.

- I watched the game on my dvr this morning and the thing I LOVED the most about Mike Ford is how humble he is. Once, the microphone caught him celebrating with Amarri Jackson on the sideline, and Ford was giving FULL credit to the WRs blocking. Paraphrasing: "that was all you....that was you....."

Later, after his 3rd TD, they showed him going down the bench and making sure to shake every every single O-Lineman's hand. I'm sure the big boys up front appreciate those sorts of things, and wont forget it.

- George Selvie, when he's drafted, will easily be the highest Bulls draft pick. Easily.

- I wanted to see more of the 2nd stringers....ok, everyone wanted to.....but I think Leavitt was sending some very strong messages to some of his players throughout the 2nd half.

- Our special teams are awful.

- Oh, and the helmets still suck. :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,428
  • Days Won:  422

- I watched the game on my dvr this morning and the thing I LOVED the most about Mike Ford is how humble he is. Once, the microphone caught him celebrating with Amarri Jackson on the sideline, and Ford was giving FULL credit to the WRs blocking. Paraphrasing: "that was all you....that was you....."

And if you caught his post game interview, you heard one of the most polite kids I've ever heard .... He used "Yes, sir" and "No, sir" more than my own ...

• Content Count:  3,574

Only one thing...

Who turned up the humidity level?  I’m gone for 2 months and I started to wonder how in the world I made it through the summers in FL.

OK, maybe one more thing... we need to get better ASAP.

• Content Count:  1,433

I heard that interview also...couldn't help but like him even more.

• Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

That is the way he acted at FAD as well, everything was followed with a sir and a thank you.

And if you caught his post game interview, you heard one of the most polite kids I've ever heard .... He used "Yes, sir" and "No, sir" more than my own ...

• Content Count:  565

That is the way he acted at FAD as well, everything was followed with a sir and a thank you.

And that is the result of good parenting... for those that did not notice at the Spring Game, Mike Fords mom was in the crowd, and talking to my parents  (who sit relatively close to Mrs. Ford) this morning, they had nothing but great things to say about her. And talking to Mike Ford at Fanfest, he's one of the nicest guys (especially athletes) I've ever met, and made one of the best first impressions that I've seen.

• Content Count:  3,827

Makes those "renegade program" quotes look pretty stupid, huh?

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Makes those "renegade program" quotes look pretty stupid, huh?

Consider the sources.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

Anyone who attended Fan Fest '07 saw the kind of kids we recruit.

Go BULLS !!!

Archived