• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's Not Get Too Down Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Yes, tonight's performance left a lot to be desired. The offense was not clicking and we had a lot of stupid penalties in the second half (after playing a pretty "clean" first half). However, the defense looked pretty good. They were operating out of pretty basic sets and were getting tons of pressure despite not blitzing. They completely stiffled the run, and were monsterous in the redzone (I am quite certain that Elon had about -20 yards in the redzone). Selvie tied the USF record with 4 sacks in the game (he is on pace for 52  ;)

Ford looked like everything we all HOPED he could be. 7 touches leading to 3 touchdowns...  :o Yes, I understand that he was playing against Elon, but when you run over three defenders and go for 48 yards, I don't care who you are playing, that is impressive. Oh, and BTW, he did score on that play.

Grothe started out slowly, but looked much better in the second half, especially the third quarter. Remember, running a vanilla offense can be difficult and frustrating. We were able to see which WRs are going to go out there and perform and give us the best chance at a victory.

Special teams.....yuck. Punting was weak. Teachey cannot be dropping snaps. Amarri doesn't need to ever return another punt. The blocked FG was great. I also think that we could have blocked about 3 or 4 of their punts. We were not sending any heat and we still got deep into their backfield, partially blocking one and missing the ball and running into the kicker.

There is almost as much to be excited about (Ford, Selvie, overall defense) as there is to be disappointed with. I am no less confident about our chances to win at Auburn or our chances to have our best season in history. Keep your chins up Bulls and I will see most of you in Auburn.  :)

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

2 things need to happen and this team will be very good:

1. Discipline - stupid penalties lead to 10 Elon points

2. Heavy dosage of Ford - NOT WILLIAMS

• Content Count:  565

Do I really need to bring up the FIU game last year?

As much as we sucked tonight, there could be a lot of things causing this.... Looking too forward to Auburn, jitters... you name it.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The optimist in me believes that this type of performance and week from hell that awaits our young Bulls is just what the doctor (or Leavitt) ordered. At some point the players can't help but start to believe all of the hype. This was a humbling game, one that will have this team hungry next week. Remember, nothing happened tonight that can't be fixed with a little bit of coaching. Auburn's O-Line couldn't block, couldn't create holes for their depleted ground game, and could not protect the QB. I cannot wait for Auburn.

• Content Count:  958

I think the sloppy weather also contributed to the sloppy play of our offense and dropped balls...but no excuses.

BEAT AUBURN!

Archived