• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

For the love of God, NO GATORS CHANTS PLEASE!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

As a side note, I think we should spread the word that the Wave is also a Gator mainstay and should be avoided like the plague. 

Please. They could never come up with such a time honored tradition.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

As a side note, I think we should spread the word that the Wave is also a Gator mainstay and should be avoided like the plague. 

Please. They could never come up with such a time honored tradition.

You and I know that but the ones determined to start, and perpetuate, that cursed thing may not ....  ;)

• Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

2 Bits has been around since the 1930's.

This is NOT a Gator chant, they only use it.  Just like Orange-Blue, does that mean we can't do GREEN-GOLD?????

Some of you are sooooo Gator-phobic, it make you look jealous. 

Let's just build our traditions as they come, if it happens to be something that someone also does, so be it!!!  Our traditions will come and when we are on top of the hill (like the Gators are now) ESPN will credit us with that particular chant/cheer/tradition.

As for the Wave, when will these fans learn, YOU DO NOT DO THE WAVE WHEN WE ARE ON OFFENSE !!!  It is intended to build noise to bother the other team's offense (personally I think this is so lame and 80-ish!!).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

As for the Wave, when will these fans learn, YOU DO NOT DO THE WAVE WHEN WE ARE ON OFFENSE !!!  It is intended to build noise to bother the other team's offense (personally I think this is so lame and 80-ish!!).

This deserves its' own thread at the appropriate time .... Last night was probabbly the worst timing I've seen for the Wave here yet.

• Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

I agree Randy.  I think the wave is so old-fashioned and it does seem to happen and the wrong times so let's just quit doing it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

I have no problem with a spirited fan doing what he wants. I haven't seen him in years, but never gave him a hard time, but many others do. Doubt it would catch on here ... or any other FLA university because it is part of UF's tradition.

The guy who started it is a Citadel Alum and is married to a FSU Alum ... he started it because too many people would just sit and not cheer.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I agree Randy.  I think the wave is so old-fashioned and it does seem to happen and the wrong times so let's just quit doing it.

Agreed, and it was definitely done at the wrong time last night

And you can thank Rocky in the STUDENT section for that...  when people tried starting it in the South endzone, it never went anywhere.

• Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

There is never a good time to do the wave! As for 2 Bits, it is obviously not working and it is probably time to try something new.

Guest Sprtsfn627

2 Bits has been around since the 1930's.

This is NOT a Gator chant, they only use it.  Just like Orange-Blue, does that mean we can't do GREEN-GOLD?????

Some of you are sooooo Gator-phobic, it make you look jealous. 

Let's just build our traditions as they come, if it happens to be something that someone also does, so be it!!!  Our traditions will come and when we are on top of the hill (like the Gators are now) ESPN will credit us with that particular chant/cheer/tradition.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview07/news/story?id=2990155

Under Best Student Sections...

2. Florida -- When the Gators are good -- really good -- there is no place like "The Swamp." I still make the argument it's the loudest stadium in the country on game day. When Mr. Two-bits does his thing, it sends chills up and down your spine as the Gators take the field.

Sorry, but the Two-Bits thing may have not been a UF thing at one point, but it is distinctly so now.  That's not to say I have anything against Two-Bits going to games and being a USF fan!  But I don't think the chant makes sense at USF games.

Archived