• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not to say I told you so...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Although almost everyone in my section (and these fans should have known better) participated in the wave, I sure as heck didn't.  In fact I was getting a littled pissed off by it.

I think it shows disrespect to our guys. 

Someone ought to get the info to the student section as well.  They could nip it in the bud by not participating.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The wave was awesome last night.

• Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

When will these fans learn, YOU DO NOT DO THE WAVE WHEN WE ARE ON OFFENSE !!! It is intended to build noise to bother the other team's offense (personally I think this is so lame and 80-ish!!).

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,735
  • Days Won:  3

...I don't mind the wave at all because it keeps the casual fan interested.  Maybe the casual fan will show up to more games because of the little things like the wave...

I think this brings up a good point. The section I sit in is infested with families. Young families. Lots of 'em. And they have tons of small kids in tow.

They're not die-hard, absorb every nuance of every down type of fans. They're there for a fun night out (Dad's idea of fun, as the moms, when not feeding or entertaining the kids, or reading a book don't seem overly interested). So it's stuff like the wave (in which I refuse to participate) that keeps these sorts of folks entertained. Not that the wave is a make-or-break-deal, but to this demographic, it's part of 'the show'.  And as long as they're buying tickets and sitting in a seat, this is going to continue.

And here's another question: if the wave is so dumb...why does the student section embrace it? I would think that if what looks like 25% of the stadium were to cease engaging in this, it would die a natural death. Or is it a by-product of boredom?

How would you communicate to the masses that the lifespan of the wave has come and gone?   

FTR: I think it should cease. It's novelty has long since passed and since it can't be restricted - at least by our fans - to USF defensive series' only, I am afraid that we will be plagued with this as long as the game on the field is not enough to sufficiently entertain all in attendance.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I can't tell since I am in the crowd and not on the field... but, does it make that much noise. I honestly wouldn't hear it at all until it got to my section.

The fact is this, if you get enough people in the stadium with excitement and energy the wave is going to happen. So, I think you should full expect to see at least 5 more this season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Starting the wave when we're on offense is not smart. Standing up and getting loud when our offense is at the 1 yard line going in for the score is also not smart. Our fnas do need an education on when to get loud.

It wasn't started when we were on offense .... It just takes the retarded thing that long to get rolling. WE WERE BACKED UP TO OUR OWN TEN YARD LINE AND THE WAVE WAS GOING AROUND!!!

HOT and the students should know better ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

...I don't mind the wave at all because it keeps the casual fan interested.  Maybe the casual fan will show up to more games because of the little things like the wave...

I think this brings up a good point. The section I sit in is infested with families. Young families. Lots of 'em. And they have tons of small kids in tow.

They're not die-hard, absorb every nuance of every down type of fans. They're there for a fun night out (Dad's idea of fun, as the moms, when not feeding or entertaining the kids, or reading a book don't seem overly interested). So it's stuff like the wave (in which I refuse to participate) that keeps these sorts of folks entertained. Not that the wave is a make-or-break-deal, but to this demographic, it's part of 'the show'.  And as long as they're buying tickets and sitting in a seat, this is going to continue.

Great points, Wooly... but those are reasons a lot of fans DO the wave. Those fans you're refering to don't start it. 

And here's another question: if the wave is so dumb...why does the student section embrace it?

Emrace it at the right time..... but know when it's time to stop it ..... like when we're backed up on our 10 yard line.

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Can the wave. Everyone does the wave. If we want to get the whole crowd involved, we should start stampeding (feet and/or hands on chairbacks) when we're on D.

Archived