• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what......was.......that?!!?!?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

We were rough the first few games last year and we got things corrected.  I have confidence that the coaches will review the tape (CJL is probably doing that now) and get things straightened out.

That's true, but have you seen our next few games on the schedule??

We'd better get it figured out a lot quicker this year than last.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

FYI... Elon has beat us before (first year)... in D2.. but had a better score against them back in '98:

We've never played in D2

• Content Count:  2,307

One game and you gave up already?  Auburn is one of the biggest games of the year and you're thinking of not going because of this game that we were completely overlooking.  That's sad.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

... but i dont know if its even worth it anymore.........grothe looked like poop.....yes i said poop

Not worth it any more ... maybe you should think about supporting your team afterwards instead of before ...  :Duh

::)

Poop = Victory, 60% Completion, 2 TD's and No INT's ?

So you're not a Grothe fan ... had to be quite upset all last season.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

And we had to rotate some in at CB because both our stud CBs experienced cramping. That kind of scares me a bit because I remember the last time we played a game in early September in Alabama that this was a huge problem. WE MUST HYDRATE before that game. We may encounter similar if not as bad conditions (it was god awful humid/hot tonight)

Coach also seemed more than alittle concerned about the cramping/hydration thing on his post game  ..... Trainers could catch as much hell as some of the players this week

• Content Count:  1,532

FYI... Elon has beat us before (first year)... in D2.. but had a better score against them back in '98:

We've never played in D2

Not true.  If you are going to tell someone you are wrong... check!

Frank Morsani made his first gift to USF Athletics in 1978, dedicated to men’s tennis. The basketball program was only eight years old at that time, football wasn’t even on the horizon, women’s athletics were not yet part of the NCAA and USF was a Division II program barely more than a decade old. Today, USF Athletics offers a full complement of NCAA Division I programs and is affiliated with one of the nation’s power conferences, the BIG EAST. Frank and Carol Morsani have been there all the way.

http://www.usfnews.usf.edu/page.cfm?link=article&aid=1323

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Guys, it's not time to drink the Kool Aid here.  We weren't outplayed.  We weren't making bad decisions.  The game was never in jeopardy.  It was a little ugly because of execution and timing.  If Williams breaks the tackle or Grothe hits a couple of the passes that were dropped/overthrown on the first 2 drives we blow them out.  We didn't so you work on those issues in a game like that.  Get the timing down and it's a different ball game.  the players were never out of position.  Grothe didn't make any bad decisions.  Elon was not moving the ball with any cosistency against our #1 D.

The only thing that needs work is the special teams.

I guarantee that is not the offense you will see against Auburn.  I guarantee that if we are up late in game Grothe will not be slinging the ball around.  I have a feeling you'll see Ford in the mix much earlier.  We'll try to establish a run which will open a lot of other areas for us.  Just a guess, but I also have a feeling that we will go back to more of a spread-read option offense to open some things up.  Grothe was doing a lot of drop back passing last night.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

We've never played in D2

Not true.  If you are going to tell someone you are wrong... check!

Frank Morsani made his first gift to USF Athletics in 1978, dedicated to men’s tennis. The basketball program was only eight years old at that time, football wasn’t even on the horizon, women’s athletics were not yet part of the NCAA and USF was a Division II program barely more than a decade old. Today, USF Athletics offers a full complement of NCAA Division I programs and is affiliated with one of the nation’s power conferences, the BIG EAST. Frank and Carol Morsani have been there all the way.

http://www.usfnews.usf.edu/page.cfm?link=article&aid=1323

We never played DII football ....

• Content Count:  1,251

im still going to auburn of course..........DUH!!!!! but we have to play five times better if we wanna keep up with the tigers........obviously.....

Archived