• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what......was.......that?!!?!?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

ok i might be brand new to the bullspen or whatever and only have 5 posts or something stupid like that but that game was freken stupid........we looked so bad!!!!!!.......ive been watching USF football for four years and that was one of the crappiest performences at home ive ever seen......next to army in '04.......i was going to auburn but i dont know if its even worth it anymore.........grothe looked like poop.....yes i said poop

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We definetely have work to do.  I wouldn't give up on this team after one game though.  We did win.  We could have won bigger if not for stupid miscues.  Auburn looked terrible for 99% of game, until very end of game, we can beat them.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

ok i might be brand new to the bullspen or whatever and only have 5 posts or something stupid like that but that game was freken stupid........we looked so bad!!!!!!.......ive been watching USF football for four years and that was one of the crappiest performences at home ive ever seen......next to army in '04.......i was going to auburn but i dont know if its even worth it anymore.........grothe looked like poop.....yes i said poop

intelligent post  ::)

• Content Count:  7,488
  • Days Won:  10

We were rough the first few games last year and we got things corrected.  I have confidence that the coaches will review the tape (CJL is probably doing that now) and get things straightened out.

• Content Count:  1,532

It was not that bad.  I have seen MORE then enough games that were MUCH worse then this one.  Remember... we are not perfect.  Many issues were small isolated, and obvious.  A certiain unnamed player, that can be and is better, had butterfingers.  Hopefully they got the little things out of their system. 

FYI... Elon has beat us before (first year)... in D2.. but had a better score against them back in '98:

South Florida, which enters its 11th season of NCAA football and eighth at the FBS level, and Elon, which begins its ninth official season at the FCS level, will be meeting for the third time in a series that began in 1997.  The Phoenix defeated the visiting Bulls 41-13 on Oct. 11, 1997 at Burlington Memorial Stadium before suffering a 35-7 setback to South Florida on Oct. 10, 1998 at Raymond James Stadium.

http://www.elonphoenix.com/news.aspx?sid=&nid=4872

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

It's more frustrating than anything else.

We build up the hype and we see our conference compatriots come out strong against other teams and we want to do the same and build up our own reputation. Only, we come out flat. Had this game been last year we wouldn't have cared as much about getting the kinks out.

• Content Count:  1,334

You hear about the #5 team in the country dropping a home game to a 1-AA, and yet you still have a fan on here whining about a 15 point win!  Fun times.

Look, it wasn't a good performance overall.  I must have seen more than 6-8 drops and there was a rare blown coverage from Jenkins.  We still won, and hopefully that stuff won't continue.  Tune-up games like this exist for a reason, you know.

Also, we played far better today than vs FIU IMO, and certainly better than that embarassing homecomming army loss.  There were many, many decent-to-good teams that had subpar showings today.  A 21-13 win over Arkansas State for Texas, for example?

Does USF need to play better to win the big east or make a better bowl than last year?  Absolutely.  Am I more worried about our chances of either at this point than prior to the game?  No.  Especially because we actually have some running backs this season.  This is also a good time to point out that we are breaking in some major portions of our coaching staff...think that has NO effect?

• Content Count:  958

just be glad that you aren't a Michigan fan...

It's a WIN, thats all that matters, we will improve.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  136

bear in mind some pertinent facts

Amarri had a lousy first half -- but got back on track in the second.

When Capogna got hurt-- we lost a very important element to our line. Centers make line blocking calls and are the QB of the offensive line. That can be a major hurdle to overtake. The good thing is that Griffin did a pretty nice job filling in from a snapping and blocking perspective. But we had to shift two positions on the line to accomplish this manuever. This experience may be very valuable in the long run.

Let's be clear here-- this game wasn't about showing the fans we are god's gift to football. It was winning a game and discover where we need to work and what needs to be fixed. Leavitt is just as unhappy as you (if that is possible) with all the mistakes and undisciplined play. He said he will get it straightened out and I sure hope he does because we need to be playing our A game next week.

Also bear in mind that we had lots of guys getting playing time tonight. The regular starters did not play the entire time in all positions-- we rotated some guys in at LB and DL. And we had to rotate some in at CB because both our stud CBs experienced cramping. That kind of scares me a bit because I remember the last time we played a game in early September in Alabama that this was a huge problem. WE MUST HYDRATE before that game. We may encounter similar if not as bad conditions (it was god awful humid/hot tonight)

don't lose faith after this tun up game-- just be glad we didn't start against someone like Penn State-- that really didn't work out so well for us that year.

Archived