• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The guy who was hit by the fireworks...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  134
  • Days Won:  0

This is the same guy and fireworks company that had the fireworks accident in Treasure Island last year.  The fireworks also went off prematurely during that display. 

• Content Count:  16,320
  • Days Won:  43

Those damp conditions on the field may have had something to do with the fireworks accident. It was pretty **** humid after the rain. I cant imagine how hot it was for the players wearing the pads. I kind of wished it would have just rained during the game because it was so hot early on. Hopefully the guy hit by the fireworks recovers nicely.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Tribune article says he is the Director of Operations for the fireworks company.  As soon as that one misfired, they pulled the other ones off the field.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I hope he is okay.

• Content Count:  387

To bad about the folks getting kicked out for "lifting" but the the fireworks guy got kicked out to for premature explosion.

It happened right in front of me in section 133. If it wasn't so sad it would have been funny. He was setting up one of the fireworks boxes that was supposed to go off as the Bulls took the field. It went off as he was placing it one the ground, just missing his face. He tried to make it toward the sidelines and looked like one of those guys in the dizzy run contest. It was as if he spun around a baseball bat ten times and tried to go straight. His face was one of shock. He bumbled, stumbled, and finally crashed before going out of bounds. The clock didn't stop and a bunch of people ran to him to put out the fire that was still burning him and his clothes.

Fortunately, he eventually was able to get up on his own power and was taken by the medics out of the stadium.

In a way it was sort of like how we played. We bumbled, fumbled, stumbled, but fortunately didn't crash.

Too bad the miscues took away from some outstanding performances by Ford, Selvie, and a host of other Bulls who played very well.

• Content Count:  385

I was sitting right in front of it when it happened.  When it went off, we first thought they were going to set them off before the team and then I see a guy running out with a burnt shirt and his eye bleeding.  Not really a great way to start the season.

• Content Count:  253

I just happened to look down there right when it went off.  He was almost standing above the thing.  I don't know about how they set these things up, but they weren't wired together, so I assume it was all going to be set off by remote control. 

• Content Count:  1,532

Bay News 9:

Bell's Fireworks is the same company that put on the show on St. Pete Beach in July that also didn't go as planned. A mortar exploded on the ground, injuring about a dozen people, most of them company employees.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2007/9/2/284664.html?title=Fireworks+accident+at+USF+football+game+burns+man+

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I guess that means there won't be a lawsuit.

Archived