• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kicked out of stadium.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  214
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, now that I have my internet back, I can comment on this as well...as I am a part Shoop's season tickets. I actually had gotten so mad and frustrated with the entire issue, that I left my seat at the end of the 3rd quarter and watched the game from the concourse area in the South End Zone. About 4:30 to go, I decided to move back up to the railing (hey, Elon thought they were still in the game) and low and behold, all my friends are gone from our seats. About 2 mins to go, the father and his 2 boys come up and he recognizes me, stops and says, "How the hell did you manage to still be here? I thought they got all of you guys." I said, "well I was frustrated for a while and had been up here. Didn't realize that they had gotten the boot." He replies, "Well its a shame. We had a great time with you guys, but WE WILL NEVER COME BACK because of the TSA and TPD!!"  Nice job.

As for the douche bag that was the cause of the problem...he, his g/f, and his mom were in rows 6 and 7. His gripe was his mom couldn't stand up, so she can't see.  Well hell, if she can't stand up, why did you drag her down about 20 rows of stairs? Especially since there were plenty of seats available at the top of the section. Also, they have those really cool, really huge screens at the top of both endzone that show you EVERYTHING that is going on...I'm thinking she could probably see the action there...if not, then she probably needs a trip to the eye doctor.

And lastly, for the TPD retard that decided that he would come down and explain to us, actually to the guy Shoop mentioned before with the rule book, that he/we had to sit, except when its appropriate....well to that complete moron I'd like to know when AT A COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME do you sir think its appropriate?? During a tv timeout? How about at halftime? I mean seriously, if they want us to sit while USF is on offense, I can handle that cause we should be calm and quiet then anyways. But WE...WE the fans are in charge of supporting our defense, getting loud and rowdy and making it as miserable for the opposition as possible...and if you are in the FRONT ROW, you need to be up and yelling and pounding on that wonderful padding they have in front of you.

And yes, equality across the stadium would be nice because the entire North End Zone stood the ENTIRE game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

How in the hell are visiting fans gonna take this?  Can you imagine what an 'EER will do when the 5,000 of them in that corner are standing and yelling when they are on 3rd down defense and TPD ventures down to tell them to sit down?

• Content Count:  1,981

The problem with TPD at the games is that they like to rule by intimidation. I noticed all the cops had a "don't "f" up or I'll arrest you" face. What's the point? Do you really need to stand there looking so hard just because a few drunks might cause a problem? I think they should go through a special training so they can understand that they are not patrolling Sulphur Springs, or Nebraska Ave.

• Content Count:  1,297

If you are coming back from the can or concessions, lets do our best to follow the rule the NHL Some of these people are going up and down the stairs the whole game.  I have to wonder if they are really watching what is going on on the field.

And please keep the cotton candy guys out the aisles all together.  Their trays are so large, and they stop to scream about their wares that they blocked my view of a couple big plays.  I was pissed.

We have had the same cotton candy guy in our section the past two years in a row.  We call him "Cotton Crack" because he looks kind of like Dave Chapelle when he does his crack head guy routine.  Well, in the off season, my buddy who sits with us is a Hillsborough County Sherrif saw "Cotton Crack" at the Orient Road Jail.  My buddy asked him why he was there and the guy said he got busted for public urination.  When the guy came into our section at the Elon game my buddy just gave him the heads up and the guy smiled like....Oh man....I remember you.  HAHAHA.  

The problem with TPD at the games is that they like to rule by intimidation. I noticed all the cops had a "don't "f" up or I'll arrest you" face. What's the point? Do you really need to stand there looking so hard just because a few drunks might cause a problem? I think they should go through a special training so they can understand that they are not patrolling Sulphur Springs, or Nebraska Ave.

The problem is, the officers never really know whether a fan will be civil or a drunken idiot... so the best course of action is to presume that everyone will be a drunken idiot...  in that case, they can't take **** from anyone.

Now, if it were possible for everyone to behave themselves, the police could relax...  but we all know there are bad apples in every bunch.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The problem is, the officers never really know whether a fan will be civil or a drunken idiot... so the best course of action is to presume that everyone will be a drunken idiot...  in that case, they can't take **** from anyone.

Now, if it were possible for everyone to behave themselves, the police could relax...  but we all know there are bad apples in every bunch.

The best course of action is to be a jerk and potentially scare people way from our games Last time i checked they are there to keep rowdy people in line not harass fans that are having a good time and are OMG standing up at a football game ???  Dudes seriously needs a little training session before every season. 

The best course of action is to be a jerk and potentially scare people way from our games Last time i checked they are there to keep rowdy people in line not harass fans that are having a good time and are OMG standing up at a football game ???  Dudes seriously needs a little training session before every season. 

To be fair, there was a lot of arguing going back and forth between the fans ... "sit down!!" "f**k you!!" "sit the f**k down!" "go f**k yourself!"... so when the police came down the first time, it was to keep rowdy people in line...

The rest of the times it seemed to be to keep people from getting rowdy... which might have been a bit much since the other party was gone and the situation was thus diffused.

• Content Count:  10,219

usf should sell a special "no standing" section for the old and frail

and leave the rest of the stadium for real fans

rule 1: if your wuss- ass complains about fans  standing then TPA will assist you to the old and frail section and leave usf fans alone to enjoy the **** game.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

Seems to me the "standing when appropriate" clause is subject to interpretation.

a) For those who want to stand the entire game - the entire game - is appropriate....

B) For those who want to get some utility from their seats - appropriate would seem to be

sporadic,  short durations of celebration based on play on the field, etc.

Also, asking politely - not yelling 'hey a*hole, sit the f* down!" will generally get

you what you want. But that should also be tempered with the knowledge that there will

be considerable up-n-down during the course of the game, so to expect people to sit for

every minute of the game is equally unreasonable.

Can't we all just get along? And if not...I'll have "The Man" show you the door...

eastwood-dirtyharry.jpeg

Now...get back in your seat!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

What they need to do is quit worring about fans who are in their seating area celebrating a play. If I happen to be seated and the guy in the seat in front of me stands up to cheer, that is cool.  I would rather fans police themselves but if the authority feels the need to enforce etiquette, they need to focus on the idiots who are in the aisles, walking, talking on their phones or stopping to look around (blocking people's view of the game while displaying a deer in the headlights look) while a play is in progress.  [glow=yellow,2,300]If you are coming back from the can or concessions, lets do our best to follow the rule the NHL has where you wait until action is stopped before returning to your seat.  [/glow] Some of these people are going up and down the stairs the whole game.  I have to wonder if they are really watching what is going on on the field.

Man, that's my biggest peeve. too. I am on the wrong side of the aisle and it's killing me. I abide by the hockey etiquette when I go to and from my seat, but very few others do. There's even a sign on the door going out form the Club area to that effect.

Don't know what the solution to the Standers vs Sitter battle is. Maybe USF needs to seriously consider have sectioins for those who want to stand the whole game .... not sure how the logistics would work out, though. People who want to stand the whole game should be able to but not at the expense of those who don't/can't.

Archived