• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kicked out of stadium.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

This is ridiculous for a football game, but they have been doing this for a few years.  I've only seen them warn (or throw out) people after someone complains who is sitting behind them.  Thank goodness I am in the last row of my section so we can stand the entire game directly in front of 2 cops who have never said anything.  On another note, it was almost comical that they had to recruit Chefs and the kitchen staff to take down the south goal post because there were not enough blue dudes - 2 of them had on their white coats and tall white chef hats as they struggled with their poles to lower the goal.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

Yep, I'm a season ticket holder 3 rows back from Shoop.  It was a joke. 

Because of a couple of TERRIBLE fans (even when we scored, they just sat on their hands), our section was restricted from getting up and getting loud. 

As far as I'm concerned, it's time to find a way back into the student section, where I can properly support my team. 

I'll be damned if I can't stand and scream for the entire WV game... 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

It's sad but it's the luck of the draw based on where your seats are. If you're in a section where the people behind you don't want to stand the whole game or where the security personnel just want to be aholes, you're screwed if you do want to stand the whole time ....

And the smartass comment about the OCS was totally off base, there will be parts of ANY stadium that will have people that don't want to stand the whole game .... just have to hope if you do want to, you get in a lenient section.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

I think you should file a formal complaint. ...

This is exactly what needs to be done !

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  357

i was in section 148 (center of the student section) and one of the guys in front of us did the push up thing after our first touchdown and the cops just came down right after that to take him away, eventually the guy came back down. then later on in the game we kept the ball from an extra point that went over the net, the cops once again wouldnt stop bothering us for the ball. they never did find it though.. haha

• Content Count:  3,827

One more thing I forgot to add:

The entire REASON we decided to get season tickets where we did was because when we sat in the student section, we were always very disappointed looking across the field at people sitting on their hands and generally not having a good time. We thought that if we joined them, we could encourage others to have fun, laugh at our chants, get up and generally have a fun time at a football game. That's the entire POINT of us being over there.

Some dont like us(which is fine, everyone has a right to their opinion), but based on the reactions that we've been given, and based on people going out of their way to say "hey, you guys are awesome....we're gonna sit down here with yall more often......etc", I'd say that we're not a "bad influence" on the people around us.

I realize that at times, a certain few can become loud mouths but trust me when I say that we do everything in our power to "police ourselves" when a couple too many beers have been consumed. But please dont let those instances change your opinion on a large group of people who all have good intentions.....the intention to have fun, and try to encourage others to do the same.

Go Bulls.

• Content Count:  1,911

One more thing I forgot to add:

The entire REASON we decided to get season tickets where we did was because when we sat in the student section, we were always very disappointed looking across the field at people sitting on their hands and generally not having a good time. We thought that if we joined them, we could encourage others to have fun, laugh at our chants, get up and generally have a fun time at a football game. That's the entire POINT of us being over there.

I for one think what you're doing is great. The back and forth between you guys and the visiting fans (esp. Rutgers last year) is great...and really adds to the atmosphere of the game.

• Content Count:  2,719

That's what you get when you're at the mercy of the TSA.

Play in an NFL stadium, abide by pansy NFL rules when in that NFL stadium.

Wouldn't an OCS with REAL college atmosphere be great?

Do you really think that will change anything?  There will still be donors who want to sit and watch the game for what it is, entertainment.  They want to be there and watch it live.  They have seats in the stadium so one can sit.  Maybe you all should suggest an area with no seats in the OCS like general admission seats for the old concerts so you can stand the whole game.  And don't forget, USF police will not have enough police to cover the security so there will still be private security or other agencies working inside there.  Just like RayJay, HCSO and TPD share the load inside depending on what side of the stadium you are sitting on.  And for those that like your cold beer during the game, I doubt there will be beer served on an OCS.  Careful for what you wish for.

• Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Why do you think we would not serve beer at our stadium?

That's what you get when you're at the mercy of the TSA.

Play in an NFL stadium, abide by pansy NFL rules when in that NFL stadium.

Wouldn't an OCS with REAL college atmosphere be great?

Do you really think that will change anything?  There will still be donors who want to sit and watch the game for what it is, entertainment.  They want to be there and watch it live.  They have seats in the stadium so one can sit.  Maybe you all should suggest an area with no seats in the OCS like general admission seats for the old concerts so you can stand the whole game.  And don't forget, USF police will not have enough police to cover the security so there will still be private security or other agencies working inside there.  Just like RayJay, HCSO and TPD share the load inside depending on what side of the stadium you are sitting on.  And for those that like your cold beer during the game, I doubt there will be beer served on an OCS.  Careful for what you wish for.

• Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Whether the NCAA would, or legally could, dictate that restriction to schools is uncertain. The association prohibits the sale of alcoholic beverages only at championship events. More than a quarter of I-A schools responding to a 2003 survey indicated they allowed sales at their own events. Of those, well more than half permitted sales at an on-campus venue.

Almost a third of the responding schools said they allowed alcohol ads in stadium and arena signage. More than a third permitted it in game programs.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/2005-01-26-alcohol-review_x.htm

Do not forget that USF is not a dry campus and has a history of serving beer at our on campus event, also the Big East is not one of the conferences that prevents its members from selling alcohol at there events as evidenced by Louisville, Syracuse, USF (basketball and baseball), et al.

Archived