• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please abandon the single back and spread offense...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

We know we have the horses in the back field. We will have to live with the spread the rest of the year... but honestly, it's time to run the football like the old Miami Hurricane football teams. With Grothe still being an accurate passer, we will still be lethal through the air (if we remember how to catch... bad week for certain wideouts). My other take on the game... place Hester back as a punt returner... a 6'4" returner is the wrong decision IMO (and not because of the fumble). You want a little guy who is slippery back there... Amarri or any other 6'2" or taller player is a large target.

We have our backs against the wall next week. Auburn will be focused after blowing tonight's game against K-State (they're not coming back unless they get some home cooking).

My other take... we kept things really vanilla out there... I can't tell... but when Grant Gregory doesn't tale one snap against a I-AA team that went 5-6 last season and is starting a true frosh at QB... that spells long season.

Tyrone McKenzie and Mike Ford looked great out there. Courtney Denson also had two nice plays although he dropped a fairly easy ball.

Matt looked a lot stronger this year. Last year, he threw a lot of touch passes IMO. He was throwing some Pat Julimiste fire balls though today on some short throws. Makes me wonder if he was over excited to be playing again on the big stage. In the long run... the kid is good.

Please coach Gregory... go to a two back set...

• Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

not totally your teams playing that caused the outcome.  Yes you should of gotten through our D more, but we did what we needed to do on special teams.  pinning you deep put the extra presure on your team that our d needed.  you guys did what you needed when we were in the red zone.hopefully both teams will take away experience from this game.  US with playing a 1A and SF with not taking a game too lightly.  you guys will come out strong next week and should still have a great season.  GL

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

not totally your teams playing that caused the outcome.  Yes you should of gotten through our D more, but we did what we needed to do on special teams.  pinning you deep put the extra presure on your team that our d needed.  you guys did what you needed when we were in the red zone.hopefully both teams will take away experience from this game.  US with playing a 1A and SF with not taking a game too lightly.  you guys will come out strong next week and should still have a great season.  GL

Your guys showed some world class heart out there, good luck the rest of your season!

• Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

I complained that Ben Williams was sent to outside WR..he's short and bulky! 

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Is there any question Ford will be starting at RB very, very soon?

I know it's not much to go on, but when I use USF in a video game I hardly ever use the shotgun and I have a few two-back sets mixed in the playbook. I just run people over all day long. It works, I don't know why they don't do it in real life.

Archived