• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS follies

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

If this year's results don't make the case for at least a 4-team playoff, then I don't know what does.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

"If you’ve ever seen the movie, “A Beautiful Mind,†where Russell Crowe plays a math whiz bedeviled by hallucinations and schizophrenic episodes, then you can understand where the inspiration came from for the current BCS system."

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

why not 32 team playoff over 5 weeks after 11 game season

4 team or 16 team playoff  out of 117 doesn't seem fair

look what ksu did

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

5 weeks more of football?  while most fans would love that... how could football players handle playing that much football.... I mean they already play what, 13 or 14 games, 18 is just way too much...  (sense the sarcasm?)...  

I know football is full contact, but so is hockey, and they play what, 110 games in the pros, and pro football plays 16 regular season and 4 playoff?

I see no reason NCAA FB can't extend the season for a solid playoff system, with 16 or 32 teams and make this sport one that all the conference champs win a spot and then have the remainder of the spots be at large.  

When people say that this type of system isn't fair because Florida and tennessee, the 3rd and 4th place teams are better than the 1st place Mac team, i say, how do you know.. the #1 Mac team has always been ranked this year and they are ranked what 18?  And Boise St is ranked around 15?

Tenn and UF could get at large bids, and BSU and M(OH) would get auto bids, as would Southern Miss.  

More games, means more money too.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

no i say 11 weeks of football with 32 team playoff

one-two billion dollar pay day