• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Terry Bowden says DAD wants an Indoor Practice Facility NOW!

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

FSU just lost 2 straight practices to lightning this week...all while trying to impliment their game plan for their huge game vs Clemson Monday night.

Terry Bowden...now in Tallahassee as some pseudo-football consultant for FSU...said on ESPN Florida radio the other day that Bobby was STEAMING for losing another large chunk of practice time due to lightning.

This might be the final straw that forces FSU to pony up for an Indoor Practice Facility.

(On FSU's website...which wouldn't write that Bobby's displeased at the moment...they do though give hints when they quote him talking about lost practice time: I think this is the fourth time that we've been driven off the field with lightning. It's not raining, it's lightning. Rain doesn't hurt us because we can go to that band field. It's really a problem. Coach (mark) Richt was complaining about that up in Georgia last week about not having a place to practice. We're gonna have to solve it one of these days." of course they wouldn't announce Bobby's displeasure of this fact...but read how FSU has to split up their team when lightning hits during practice time)

Lightning Once Again Interrupts FSU's Football Practice

http://seminoles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/083107aac.html

Even Coach Richt at Georgia has started the drum beat again (he complained about the lack of an indoor practice facility back in 2004...when a week ago Friday...Richt said this after a canceled practice:

It's a royal pain to have to deal with this kind of stuff," coach Mark Richt said. "It would be nice to have an indoor facility nearby where you wouldn't have to spend your whole life trying to figure out a new plan. It gets very frustrating and very old and I'm about tired of it. Maybe one day we'll get that done."

Someone must of called him that Friday night...because last Saturday...Richt (and UGA Athletics) had to send out a press release the following day:

Story on his apology

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2007/08/26/richtweb_0827.html

UGA Press Release

http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1178273&db_oem_id=8800

Richt's comments from 2004:

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/090804/col_16583050.shtml

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,507
  • Days Won:  422

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure lightning has been around almost as long as college football. FSU, Georgia and plenty of other programs have done just fine without an indoor facility up to this point. It's a nice luxury but certainly not a need ....

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,812

It is clear that both FSU and UG want to rise to the level of play at UCif and emulate them in every way. ;)

Maybe some day they will be there.

I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure lightning has been around almost as long as college football. FSU, Georgia and plenty of other programs have done just fine without an indoor facility up to this point. It's a nice luxury but certainly not a need ....

Correct...they are a luxury..as the entire SEC has indoor practice facilities of some type (most are 120 yds long...a few are slightly smaller).

Believe Richt and Bowden WANT that luxury...so they won't have to lose practices at anytime in the future.

Plus...both of those Coaches know that each school could EASILY afford it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,507
  • Days Won:  422

Correct...they are a luxury..as the entire SEC has indoor practice facilities of some type (most are 120 yds long...a few are slightly smaller).

UF has an indoor practice facility ........ I did not know that.

Ooops...as I have written about the past week or so on this site and others...UGA and UF are the only SEC Teams without an indoor practice facility.

Missed some obviously very helpful info in the post above.

• Content Count:  130

In the past, Florida has moved practices into the O'Dome when there has been lightning... but they have mentioned that an Indoor Facility is in the works.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

lack of indoor practice facililty didnt prevent uf from winning national championship

Archived