• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF gets into end zone; adds punter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

USF gets into end zone; adds punter

Posted August 31, 2007 by Brett McMurphy

Updated Aug 31, 2007 at 10:14 AM

When USF hosts Elon Saturday, the end zones in Raymond James Stadium will feature USF markings. I’m not sure exactly what they’ll say - if they’ll both say “Bulls†or one will have “USF†and the other “Bulls.â€Â

But the good news is the end zone turf was being taken up after Thursday night’s Bucs game and will be replaced before Saturday night’s game. I don’t know if USF will get anything other than the usual painting over the Bucs flag at midfield treatment, but we’ll find out Saturday.

USF also received a verbal commitment from Winter Springs punter Justin Brockhaus-Kann, Scout.com reported. He averaged 41 yards a punt as a junior. Brockhaus-Kann’s father, Jeff, was a college teammate of Jim Leavitt’s at Missouri.

Also, in non-football news, USF’s basketball program got some great news with Tommy Tonelli coming back to USF. Tonelli, who was one of the state’s top high school coaches, returns to USF as director of basketball operations after coaching at Wharton the past 10 seasons.

Tonelli, a former USF guard and assistant coach, will be a key cog to helping generate interest locally for new coach Stan Heath.

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

That's great news about the field painting!! This will add to the already extraordinary environment.

Any word on the introduction? I think I heard Eric mention a new introduction in place of the bull running down fowler destroying the boxes.

that is what I hope for

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

wow-- doing this for the first game and what really amounts to our least attractive game---

it took a while but we are getting there in terms of making RJS our own-- all good things come to those who are patient.

Now if we could get our engineering folks to design some method to hide/replace the pirate ship with something more Bull like--- perhaps a large banner type thing or something like that-- we could tell those clowns who made fun of our pirate ship to KOA

wow-- doing this for the first game and what really amounts to our least attractive game---

it took a while but we are getting there in terms of making RJS our own-- all good things come to those who are patient.

Now if we could get our engineering folks to design some method to hide/replace the pirate ship with something more Bull like--- perhaps a large banner type thing or something like that-- we could tell those clowns who made fun of our pirate ship to KOA

I like to take all the credit for this since I brought it up first  ;) ;D :cheers

• Content Count:  74,474
  • Days Won:  422

At least put a USF flag on the pirate ship.

USF sails ....

• Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

I like to take all the credit for this since I brought it up first  ;) ;D :cheers

I'll bet many pople have thought of this idea--- this isn't my first time talking about it-- I've mentioned it since around 1999

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

That's great news about the field painting!! This will add to the already extraordinary environment.

Any word on the introduction? I think I heard Eric mention a new introduction in place of the bull running down fowler destroying the boxes.

The debut of the first Tamplona video  ;D

Regarding the pirate ship ... we are not allowed to have any "banners or flags" above the field level.

Keep donating to USF so our OCS will be a reality sooner.

Go BULLS !!!

Archived