• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tommorrow is the day....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Every year in January, there is a team that has had a magical year. Last year it was Boise State, a few years back we had Utah. The story goes that the underdog school makes a big bowl, their merchandise flies off the shelf, and previously unknown alumni come out of the woodwork. For that one brief moment, that school comes front and center on the national stage as the "team of destiny". Even if they are mediocre for years to come....everyone still talks about that one year...and what they were doing the year their school made the big game.

Gentlemen (and ladies), I submit for your approval...that Saturday begins our "special season". Some people might say that it's a bit too early; that USF's rise as a program has been "meteoric" and that eventually the sleeping giant will awaken. I say that the giant is up and ready for a fight NOW. No one questions the team speed we show on defense: In Jenkins and Williams, we have one of the best secondaries in the country. We have young men like CRob and Big George who have proven already that they can cause havoc on opposing QB's and a newcomer in Tyrone McKenzie who will fly around and make big plays. To lead them we have a solid, grizzled vet in Ben Moffitt who knows where this program has been and knows how to lead them where they want to go.

When ppl have questions, inevitably it turns to offense. Grothe may be the Youtube superstar, but the best individual performance in the program's history was by Amarri Jackson v. Louisville 2 years ago..and he's still here. Taurus Johnson is already recognized as a vocal up and coming talent, while Cedric Hill has already earned himself some preseason accolades. As for the line, the depth may not be optimal...but the talent is certainly an upgrade over previous years. Finally, if we look into the backfield we have last year's bowl MVP Ben Williams, an exciting young guys in Moises Plancher and Aston Samuels...and I have yet to even mention the addition of the exciting Jamar Taylor or blue-chip Mike Ford.

Throw all of this together with a Coach who will do anything to propel the Bulls to unbelievable heights. This could be the year that the Bulls make some serious noise and crash the BCS party. If they didn't know who we were before...they will very soon.

So as we get geeked up for Saturday's game against the Phoenix; cracking open the cold ones, putting on our game jerseys, and downing the cough drops to yell at the top of our lungs...remember where you were when the season began. This just may be the year that you tell your grandkids about.

Go Bulls  :gobulls

(Can you tell I'm ready for kickoff yet!?)

• Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

Brings a tear to your eye, don't it. This will go down in history as "THE YEAR". This will be the year that every other up and coming school will want emulate. USF is and will be the roll model for years to come.

The only difference between the Utah's and the Boise State's, we'll do it again next year.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

We were there when...   

Every year in January, there is a team that has had a magical year. Last year it was Boise State, a few years back we had Utah. The story goes that the underdog school makes a big bowl, their merchandise flies off the shelf, and previously unknown alumni come out of the woodwork. For that one brief moment, that school comes front and center on the national stage as the "team of destiny". Even if they are mediocre for years to come....everyone still talks about that one year...and what they were doing the year their school made the big game.

Gentlemen (and ladies), I submit for your approval...that Saturday begins our "special season". Some people might say that it's a bit too early; that USF's rise as a program has been "meteoric" and that eventually the sleeping giant will awaken. I say that the giant is up and ready for a fight NOW. No one questions the team speed we show on defense: In Jenkins and Williams, we have one of the best secondaries in the country. We have young men like CRob and Big George who have proven already that they can cause havoc on opposing QB's and a newcomer in Tyrone McKenzie who will fly around and make big plays. To lead them we have a solid, grizzled vet in Ben Moffitt who knows where this program has been and knows how to lead them where they want to go.

When ppl have questions, inevitably it turns to offense. Grothe may be the Youtube superstar, but the best individual performance in the program's history was by Amarri Jackson v. Louisville 2 years ago..and he's still here. Taurus Johnson is already recognized as a vocal up and coming talent, while Cedric Hill has already earned himself some preseason accolades. As for the line, the depth may not be optimal...but the talent is certainly an upgrade over previous years. Finally, if we look into the backfield we have last year's bowl MVP Ben Williams, an exciting young guys in Moises Plancher and Aston Samuels...and I have yet to even mention the addition of the exciting Jamar Taylor or blue-chip Mike Ford.

Throw all of this together with a Coach who will do anything to propel the Bulls to unbelievable heights. This could be the year that the Bulls make some serious noise and crash the BCS party. If they didn't know who we were before...they will very soon.

So as we get geeked up for Saturday's game against the Phoenix; cracking open the cold ones, putting on our game jerseys, and downing the cough drops to yell at the top of our lungs...remember where you were when the season began. This just may be the year that you tell your grandkids about.

Go Bulls  :gobulls

(Can you tell I'm ready for kickoff yet!?)

HALL OF FAME POST!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

The only difference between the Utah's and the Boise State's, we'll do it again next year.

And we are BCS.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Yep.  WE saw the Bulls beat Auburn in their own house.  WE saw it all.

• Content Count:  2,461

A lot of us here on the boards were there for the first game, the first bowl game, and first bowl win.

We don't have to win the Big East to prove that we are a contender. People already see it and we know it.

USF is all grown up now. It was so amazing to watch the program grow to this level.

When we do win the Big East - and we will - a part of all of us will be on that field.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

love the passion here but I still don't see USF as "all grown up" just yet. We have a long way to go still even though we have made great strides. Our fan base, donor base, and war chest needs to grow. At this point-- I'd say we are a very adult looking teenager-- ne who might be able to pass off as 21 and buy a beer.

And I say this not to be controversial but simply as how I see our program's life cycle. WE have so much more room for growth. I will not argue that we have come very close to the "we have arrived" portion of that life cycle but most of it still depends greatly on what we do on the field. If we were to somehow (GOD FORBID) have a few down years-- I'm not sure what would happen long term-- I know I personally wouldn't abandon ship-- but some might.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

Just finished watching last year's game against West Virginia.  Do you remember the emotion in CJL's voice at the end of the game when he was being interviewed?

We have a coach who loves this university and loves the Tampa Bay area.  When I met him at the pre-season tailgate party I told him that he is the next "Joe Pa".  I meant it.  Seeing Leavitt now is like seeing Paterno forty years ago.  This coach and this program will be legends.  The only thing missing is time and we are working on that the only way that we can -- one game at a time.

• Content Count:  10

This will be my very first year watching every game for the bulls  , due to the fact that mike ford is on the team (he went to my rival high school), I have been wanting to get into college football for a long time, and I have finally found a reason. although I havent been through the hard times like you guys have, I have certainly read about them. I am certainly ready for this game tommorrow and cant wait for kickoff.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Mike Ford

Archived