• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auburn's Concerns

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  0

Just talked with a friend of mine in Atlanta that is an AU alum and big football fan.  He said his AU friends are more concerned about playing USF than K-State this weekend because they have seen us knock off UL two years ago and WVU last year. Also, with the overall talent level in football, they know we will have speed and skilled players.  His hope was that we might be nervous playing in front of 90,000 fans.  Also, he said AU usually gives 10,000 to 12,000 tickets to an SEC away team. He thought K-State had between 8,000 to 10,000 tickets, of which, they turned a bunch back in.  He thought USF getting only 2,500 was low.

• Content Count:  1,981

He thought USF getting only 2,500 was low.

Wouldn't this have come up during the negotiations for the game? Did DW settled for 2,500 thinking we wouldn't bring more than that to Auburn? I hope the tickets for the UF games are negotiated already and we don't get a measly 3,000 tickets. If 2,500 fans are willing to go to Auburn I'm sure we could bring 8,000+ to UF.

• Content Count:  1,260

no need to be nervous in front of 87,500 fans who are quiet.  ;D The first quarter will be huge...take their "first punch" and show them they're in for a dogfight.

• Content Count:  765

no need to be nervous in front of 87,500 fans who are quiet.  ;D The first quarter will be huge...take their "first punch" and show them they're in for a dogfight.

Nice thought, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the quiet to start.  This is likely to be like Arkansas in terms of crowd noise.  There are a few on the board that were there and it has to be the loadest venue we have played at.  Auburn has a huge home field advantage, but it can be overcome, just don't expect the crowd to get quiet.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I would think that Happy Valley would've been louder than Arkansas...

Then again, I wasn't at either game...but I did watch them on TV!

• Content Count:  78

Wouldn't this have come up during the negotiations for the game? Did DW settled for 2,500 thinking we wouldn't bring more than that to Auburn? I hope the tickets for the UF games are negotiated already and we don't get a measly 3,000 tickets. If 2,500 fans are willing to go to Auburn I'm sure we could bring 8,000+ to UF.

I would think the allotment of tickets is included in the contract but I'm not sure if can be renogiated.  I don't think DW scheduled this game I think it was done by Selmon before the BE invite.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

this gAME WILL BE won inthe trenches

• Content Count:  5,691

Was at happy valley and it wasnt loud remember watching the ark game on tv and it seemed really loud

• Content Count:  7,890

I WILL TALK ABOUT THIS GAME AFTER THE ELON GAME

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

I would think the allotment of tickets is included in the contract but I'm not sure if can be renogiated.  I don't think DW scheduled this game I think it was done by Selmon before the BE invite.

correct about this deal being made by AD Selmon.

I asked several  people in the know about SEC norms in terms of visiting team ticket allotment. The standard allotment for SEC visitors is around 10-12K. For OOC teams-- it is about 2500. This is standard-- not a slight to USF. Also-- there were still some tickets available via ticketmaster for this game from what I understand.

Let's be realistic here-- when we penned this deal, 2500 was a decent number to work with for our best travel contingent. And considering this was a payday type game-- we were hardly concerned about how many tickets we would get for our fans based on previous travel needs. THis was a boilerplate arrangement.

Archived