• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU players arrested on stolen property charge

Jihme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7138286

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - Two West Virginia University football players were arrested over the weekend and charged with transferring and receiving stolen property.

James Thomas, 18, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and Ellis Lankster, 21, of Whistler, Ala., were arrested early Sunday, Morgantown Police said in a news release.

Morgantown police didn't release any other details, but a police dispatcher who declined to give her name said Monday that the stolen property was a computer.

Coach Rich Rodriguez released a statement Sunday saying he was aware that Lankster, a junior defensive back, and Thomas, a redshirt freshman linebacker, had been involved in an off-campus situation.

"I am investigating at this time and will make the determination about their status within the football program after all the facts are in," Rodriguez said.

The coach recently announced that he had issued an 11 p.m. Saturday night curfew to keep players away from possible distractions.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I guess that kind of puts a different spin on Woody George's supposed offense.  I think I'll take the boot lock over stolen property any day.

• Content Count:  21,277
  • Days Won:  10

Stealing a computer is a bigger offense in my opinion.

Archived