• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WTF???

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

i love watching Grothe play and without a doubt he is very talented....but no way he gets drafted by any team in the NFL.  his size will kill him as a QB.  the nfl is so caught up on size.  if you arent 6'2" or better then you cant play QB.  it has a lot of do with the O Line and D Line getting so much bigger too.

How tall is Drew Brees ?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

i love watching Grothe play and without a doubt he is very talented....but no way he gets drafted by any team in the NFL.  his size will kill him as a QB.  the nfl is so caught up on size.  if you arent 6'2" or better then you cant play QB.  it has a lot of do with the O Line and D Line getting so much bigger too.

How tall is Drew Brees ?

I remember during the 2001 draft he measured in at  6'0 exactly. I think Vick measured in at 5'11 7/8". He's the last sub 6 foot QB I can remember bein taken the 1st day.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

There just wasn't a need for QBs from most of the teams.  I count only about 8 teams that need a QB.  That is one of the reason's Quinn fell from 9 to 22.  Nobody in that range really had a need for a QB.  Size also is a huge factor for the NFL.  Darius Walker left ND as the 4th leading rusher all time and went undrafted.  4th all time at a school with more history than just about anybody and no one took a flyer on him.  His big problem was size and lack of explosiveness.  I think his example is Andre Hall all over again.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

How tall is Drew Brees ?

I remember during the 2001 draft he measured in at  6'0 exactly. I think Vick measured in at 5'11 7/8". He's the last sub 6 foot QB I can remember bein taken the 1st day.

And vick gets a pass because he's an athletic freak of nature.  That is no shot on Grothe, because he too is extremely athletically gifted... but Vick is in another category that is pretty much him and no one else (maybe Reggie Bush or Vince Young at some point).

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

dont forget about steve smith from carolina in that category...guys can do some freakish things.

but drew brees is a huge exception to the rule.  i wish grothe all the success in the world, but i think he will be on a long list of guys who are just amazing college qbs.

i hope he proves me wrong, but i cant see grothe getting drafted, maybe getting signed as a free agent, only way i think grothe gets drafted is if he leads us to a BCS win in his career.

Archived