• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

WTF???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

Chris Leak and Jared Zabransky both go undrafted??? Am I missing something here? Watched the draft from beginning to end of the 5th (had to write 2 papers) so maybe I missed something...

I know Leak wasn't always great, but he DID have 3 different coaches in his college career...that can really hamper a QB's development, but with the right coaching and the right system (as proven with Meyer), Leak was a composed, and efficient leader.

And who can argue with Zabransky's performance in the Fiesta Bowl??? The kid is clutch...hands down. I don't know if I've ever seen or will ever witness a performance like that.  Best described as a young Jeff Garcia.

Was it size? Or just the lack of demand overall for QBs this year??

Also I don't believe U of L's Nate Harris was drafted either. Thought he was pretty talented as well.

• Content Count:  2,726

Who cares about Leak...he's just not good enough...

As for the rest, yea...prolly a lack of demand for QB's.

n5216985_35292758_4974.jpg

Gators SUCK!!!

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I'd like to see the Bucs try to sign Zabransky as a FA, but they're probably system QBs that got more out of the scheming of their coach than their own natural talent.

Remember, for all those great QBs Florida had under Spurrier, the best they came up with was Rex Grossman, and he's average at best in the NFL.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Size. Same reason Andre wasn't drafted.

Zabransky is 6'1" but really light weight and struggled in some lifting drills ; Leak meaursed in at 5'11 1/2; anything under 6 foot is a no go most times in the NFL.

I'm sure we'll hear similar things about Grothe in a few years, like Grothe though, both were fantastic college QBs. I'm sure Matt will make his mark.

• Content Count:  662

Shaun King wasn't 6ft...while he didn't last super long, he did take the Bucs to the playoffs

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think he meaured in just a tad above 6ft.

The closest recently was Brees who measured exactly 6 foot "rumored"

However, it's hard for a sub 6 foot QB to get much of a look from the NFL, which is why Doug Flutie was in Canada for some many years and was drafted in the 11th round of the NFL draft in 1985 (despite winning the Heisman); played in the USFL, bounced between a couple NFL teams, before heading to the 51st State.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sure we'll hear similar things about Grothe in a few years, like Grothe though, both were fantastic college QBs. I'm sure Matt will make his mark.

Nothing would surprise me with Grothe in regards to the 2010 draft. He could end up going early, or he could end up like Troy Smith and get a late-round flier, if that. I don't think size is quite as important as how well you can throw the kind of passes you have to throw in the NFL. It's easy for a guy like Zabransky to look good in college. The system tells you to pass to a spot and the defenses aren't nearly good enough to take it away.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Shaun King wasn't 6ft...while he didn't last super long, he did take the Bucs to the playoffs

He was mobile, Leak is not.

• Content Count:  12,293

i love watching Grothe play and without a doubt he is very talented....but no way he gets drafted by any team in the NFL.  his size will kill him as a QB.  the nfl is so caught up on size.  if you arent 6'2" or better then you cant play QB.  it has a lot of do with the O Line and D Line getting so much bigger too.

Archived