• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East coaches think Coach McCullum is building

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

They love McCullum - he hands them easy conference wins every year...what's there not to love?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,813
  • Days Won:  22

Did we have Gransberry, Verdejo, Howard when we played Richmond?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Did we have Gransberry, Verdejo, Howard when we played Richmond?

Big East back ups should beat Richmond

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Someone please show me ONE article where a coach says something bad about another coach in the same conference.

Show me one time where a coach was like "Yeah, they suck; but it's an easy win for us." or "Our bench played great against their starters". Or "Their program is in shambles, someone's a$$ needs to get fired."

Never going to find it. It's always - "They play hard for him", or "His team is always ready to play", "he's building something there". -- All generalizations...All insincere.

Rueben ~ The voice of reason.

How about when John Cheney of Temple tried to choke Calapari when he was at UMass.....

same conference

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

That fight was great, but it was about how Chaney was mad how Calipari was being buddy/buddy with the refs.  And a few hard fouls.  

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

I'm not saying the OOC schedule is the best in the country, but there is progress.  A win over Wake, a couple of conference wins, a near upset of a top 20 team.  None of that would have happened last year.

Some of y'all have such a dislike for Mac that you can't look at things objectively.  It isn't going to happen overnight.  Especially with all the other well documented stuff Mac had to deal with.  Look for continuous improvement, not instant results.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'm not saying the OOC schedule is the best in the country, but there is progress.  A win over Wake, a couple of conference wins, a near upset of a top 20 team.  None of that would have happened last year.

Some of y'all have such a dislike for Mac that you can't look at things objectively.  It isn't going to happen overnight.  Especially with all the other well documented stuff Mac had to deal with.  Look for continuous improvement, not instant results.

I don't wanna feed the MAC lovers, but we beat a top 25 team Georgetown (and this year Wake is 10-11, not a good team at all) and almost beat #4 Villanova.

Listen, I cannot stand these antiMac arguments because they are redundant. However, what some coach says about the program is just being nice.

Last night Calipari said UCf was on their way to being great...do you honestly believe that they are the next great CUSA basketball power?

I will ad that you can bring the point up that we do have more wins and doubled the conference wins. I've lost faith in the coaching staff, but they deserve the rest of teh season before we on this board can them.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

I don't wanna feed the MAC lovers, but we beat a top 25 team Georgetown (and this year Wake is 10-11, not a good team at all) and almost beat #4 Villanova.

Listen, I cannot stand these antiMac arguments because they are redundant. However, what some coach says about the program is just being nice.

Last night Calipari said UCf was on their way to being great...do you honestly believe that they are the next great CUSA basketball power?

Sure, sometimes there is coachspeak. Crean's comments were not.  His comments were out of admiration for what Mac has done after barely escaping with a win.  And they were unsolicited.

What's more important to me anyway is what I see rather than what some coach says.  Crean simply confirmed my observations.

We'll see, I do see some improvements, but I also see a lot of work that needs to be done.