• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East coaches think Coach McCullum is building

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not taking sides, but everyone keeps mentioning "easy wins?"  Didn't Marq need a buzzer beater to win?  Maybe I don't understand "easy?"

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

We'll see, I do see some improvements, but I also see a lot of work that needs to be done.

Agreed.  Let's see how it plays out.  Next year Mac needs to bring in a couple of good big men who can make an immediate impact.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165

They play extremely hard

at times...

they compete,

3-21?

they execute.

blowing leads?

With what he's got, with the talent he has on this team and the way he's building, he's going to get it."

I digress

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not saying the OOC schedule is the best in the country, but there is progress.  A win over Wake, a couple of conference wins, a near upset of a top 20 team.  None of that would have happened last year.

Some of y'all have such a dislike for Mac that you can't look at things objectively.  It isn't going to happen overnight.  Especially with all the other well documented stuff Mac had to deal with.  Look for continuous improvement, not instant results.

I don't wanna feed the MAC lovers, but we beat a top 25 team Georgetown (and this year Wake is 10-11, not a good team at all) and almost beat #4 Villanova.

Listen, I cannot stand these antiMac arguments because they are redundant. However, what some coach says about the program is just being nice.

Last night Calipari said UCf was on their way to being great...do you honestly believe that they are the next great CUSA basketball power?

Sure, sometimes there is coachspeak. Crean's comments were not.  His comments were out of admiration for what Mac has done after barely escaping with a win.  And they were unsolicited.

What's more important to me anyway is what I see rather than what some coach says.  Crean simply confirmed my observations.

Exactly.

Everyone keeps saying mac won't be here next year.  If we get a few more wins... its guaranteed he is here next year.  We won't be buying out his contract if Doug thinks Mac is in process of righting the ship.  Write it down.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not saying the OOC schedule is the best in the country, but there is progress.  A win over Wake, a couple of conference wins, a near upset of a top 20 team.  None of that would have happened last year.

Some of y'all have such a dislike for Mac that you can't look at things objectively.  It isn't going to happen overnight.  Especially with all the other well documented stuff Mac had to deal with.  Look for continuous improvement, not instant results.

I don't wanna feed the MAC lovers, but we beat a top 25 team Georgetown (and this year Wake is 10-11, not a good team at all) and almost beat #4 Villanova.

Listen, I cannot stand these antiMac arguments because they are redundant. However, what some coach says about the program is just being nice.

Last night Calipari said UCf was on their way to being great...do you honestly believe that they are the next great CUSA basketball power?

Sure, sometimes there is coachspeak. Crean's comments were not.  His comments were out of admiration for what Mac has done after barely escaping with a win.  And they were unsolicited.

What's more important to me anyway is what I see rather than what some coach says.  Crean simply confirmed my observations.

Exactly.

Everyone keeps saying mac won't be here next year.  If we get a few more wins... its guaranteed he is here next year.  We won't be buying out his contract if Doug thinks Mac is in process of righting the ship.  Write it down.

Bingo.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

support coach McC....

He is our coach until he isn't.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not taking sides, but everyone keeps mentioning "easy wins?"  Didn't Marq need a buzzer beater to win?  Maybe I don't understand "easy?"

Losses by 19, 29, 26, 11, 24 points. Any margin over 16 is a blowout, really...no way to sugarcoat it, in my opinion.

"Easy" is one way to describe those wins by the opposition.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks for sharing the definition of blowout.  Glad to know that official metric...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Losses by 19, 29, 26, 11, 24 points. Any margin over 16 is a blowout, really...no way to sugarcoat it, in my opinion.

"Easy" is one way to describe those wins by the opposition.

The article that started this thread involved Marq who needed a last second hoop to win.