• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone Planning on Buying Season Tix?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

One of the other key issues is taxes.  80 percent of the donations are deductible whereas the season ticket costs are typically not.  We have many businesses who donate because of tax issues who would not pay for just expensive seats.  

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

One of the other key issues is taxes.  80 percent of the donations are deductible whereas the season ticket costs are typically not.  We have many businesses who donate because of tax issues who would not pay for just expensive seats.  

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

And also keep in mind for those that can't afford it or don't want to, there are season tickets for both football and basketball that don't require a donation.  Obviously, you sacrifice some position but is there really a bad seat in RJS or the SunDome that aren't in the third level.

Eric

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

What is bad seat is a matter of opinion....USF students are behind the end zone at the RJ and while they might think of that as a good location...If that was the best seat I could get...I wouldn't be at many of the games.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,558
  • Days Won:  29

Eric is a major asset for USF ...dealt with him many times and he's always went above and beyong for me.

And as stated, there are many seats available w/o a donation ... and this past season, I just did a $100 or $250 donation and was very happy with the seats.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,741
  • Days Won:  3

What is bad seat is a matter of opinion....USF students are behind the end zone at the RJ and while they might think of that as a good location...If that was the best seat I could get...I wouldn't be at many of the games.

I'm relatively certain there are no guns pointed at the heads of students - FORCING THEM - to sit there. They can pop open the wallet any time they want and spring for a non-student-fest seating.  

On the other hand if you'd rather preserve your folding cash for beer and forego seating elsewhere...then that IS the best seat you can get.

Like you said...it's opinion. And for the record, if I had to sit in the student section, I too would never see another Bulls game.  ;)