• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1st Step in joining the Big 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Based on having L'ville and WV at home, based on Grothe, the Dline, and virtually all other players gaining valuable experience, and the potential to have a star running back.  Fourth in the BE next year with all we have going for us would be a big disappointment for me.

Truly, I expect top 20, very possible BE champs, and a bowl game after Christmas.

I agree 100%.  

There are 4 big games for us this year which will define the program at the end of this year....Auburn, UL, WVU, Rutgers.  We need to win at least 3 of these games.

Feb 7th will tell us how much progress we made and what we can reasonably expect next year

NO... absolutely f'n wrong.

Nothing that happens on Feb 7th is going to have a big effect on 2007 season.

It will affect down the road, but chances are all the incoming freshman will RS, with a couple exceptions, one of whom is already signed, so feb 7th doesn't matter for Ford.  The transfers will make an impact, but those have been known for a while and Feb 2nd doesn't matter for those either.

So really, Feb 7th doesn't matter for 2007.  It matters for 2008 a little, and definitely for 2009 and beyond.

You get so hung up in recruiting rankings.  It means nothing.  What matters is what you do with what you've got, filling needs, finding players that fit your system the best.  JL has done that very well.  

Occasionally you'll get a freshman that can start right away, but usually that won't be the case.

This is the best class we've ever had, and I hope we RS 90% of them.

Ford is the one guy I absolutely want on the field next year, at least competing for the starting spot.

Robert, I agree with you.  I do BULLIEVE that we can do it.  I don't see us running the table, but man I do dream about it.  

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

i bullieve this team will be laser like in their focus next year

12-0 is realistically possible

11-1  is what is i hope for

10-2 or 9-3 is what i expect

anything less than 8-4 is underachieving  

i bullieve this team will be laser like in their focus next year

12-0 is realistically possible

11-1  is what is i hope for

10-2 or 9-3 is what i expect

anything less than 8-4 is underachieving  

I agree 100% with you.  I would love nothing better than to see a 12-0 season.  Realistically, though, I think we will lose 1 or 2 of these games and they will most probably be on the road.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Hopefully one of those two isn't Auburn.  A win over a top SEC team would help prove we've arrived.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing Robert.  I have my doubts about how we are going to do at Rutgers.  The weather may be a factor.  I am hopeful though as we all are.  

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

every win is big but would the Connecticut game be a big win since we lost last game at there place and is it going to be in the winter?

every win is big but would the Connecticut game be a big win since we lost last game at there place and is it going to be in the winter?

That is one of the games I have questions about.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully one of those two isn't Auburn.  A win over a top SEC team would help prove we've arrived.

Beating Auburn isn't as important as beating UL, WV, and RU.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

feb 7th will tell us how much progress we made and what we can reasonably expect next year

NO... absolutely f'n wrong.

Nothing that happens on Feb 7th is going to have a big effect on 2007 season.

It will affect down the road, but chances are all the incoming freshman will RS, with a couple exceptions, one of whom is already signed, so feb 7th doesn't matter for Ford.  The transfers will make an impact, but those have been known for a while and Feb 2nd doesn't matter for those either.

So really, feb 7th doesn't matter for 2007.  It matters for 2008 a little, and definitely for 2009 and beyond.

You get so hung up in recruiting rankings.  It means nothing.  What matters is what you do with what you've got, filling needs, finding players that fit your system the best.  JL has done that very well.  

Occasionally you'll get a freshman that can start right away, but usually that won't be the case.

This is the best class we've ever had, and I hope we RS 90% of them.

Ford is the one guy I absolutely want on the field next year, at least competing for the starting spot.

if leavitt cant bring in freshman that can make an impact 4th place in BE will be in bulls future next year

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Beating Auburn isn't as important as beating UL, WV, and RU.

3-1 with only losing to auburn would be great