• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this how we want the Bowl Games to go ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

The schedule next year has three potential top 10 teams and a total of five teams that won bowl games.  We are playing at Auburn where the potential national champ lost their only game of the year this year.   Our Conference was 5-0 in bowl games the gauntlet of the Big East ain't no joke.   I have no problems with our schedule next year.  If UNC has a decent year next year that also has the potential to be a quality win.  This year if we had won at Kansas I think we end up in the top 25.  A 10-3 record with Big 3 East losses would be hard to overlook.

You have to put into perspective our scheduling at this point.   It isn't like top 25 teams are lining up to do home-away series with us yet.   We are in that spot right now were we could beat anybody in the country (on a good day and with Grothe's feet healthy) but not worth the risk for some teams to take yet.  Also our home revenue isn't at a point yet were we can give big payouts.  Over the next 7 years we have two out of conference BCS teams on our schedule every year.  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

In 2012 and 2013 we have both Michigan State and Miami on our schedule.  That will be a pretty stout out of conference schedule for a 15 year old football program.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

Our nonconference schedule next year doesn't seem all that competitive to me, at least competitive enough to get into the top 25.  Although there are plenty of teams out there in the top 25 who play EASY teams every year *grumbles* But hey, an upset against Auburn, and AT LEAST beating either U of L or WVU (hey I'd personally prefer both) and they'd pretty much HAVE to give it to us.  We really need more than just 1 major upset a year to be ranked.

that is the problem with a ksu/type schedule

usf will never be a top 25 team until we play a top 25 team schedule or win big east

take a look at the ranked opponents USC played this year. Also look at the unranked opponents that beat them.

how is that much more difficult a season than the Bulls just played this season in terms of ranked teams? Next year will be even better.