• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

bye bye respect

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

no big east team is worthy of NC as i said all along

No SEC team is worthy of NC this year.  No ACC team is worthy of NC.  No Big12 team is worthy.  What's your point?

florida isnt worthy?

come back when you know the game

tell your school to schedule real teams OOC

Did you seriously imply UF is worthy after they botched multiple snaps in a game against an average opponent?  That anemic offense is a joke.  UF doesn't run the ball well at all.  How many championship teams have done well without having a good running threat?

The only POSSIBLY worthy SEC team is Arkansas.  UF might warrant a look IF they can even get by them.  Even then, their schedule is BARELY harder than rutgers, and easier than USC's and maybe even Notre Dame's.  UF needs a lot of help before they even merit consideration in the NC game.

Why don't YOU learn a little bit about objective analysis of football teams, and then try again?  There are a good 4 or 5 teams with 1 or fewer losses that unlike UF CAN handle snaps, CAN run the ball, and CAN score.

every team has a flaw

arkansas lost at home to usc by 30?

gators right now are best of SEC and not acknowledging that shows your bias and prejudice not your knowledge of sports

you need to look at florida's SOS whioch is 15

usc 2

rutgers 68

arkanas 81

you are talking to me about football diddy?

you may have seen 5 plays that gators screwed up and you concluded they arent good

hahahahaha

diiddy-you need to look at SOS to even begin to understand any if this.email me and i will spend some time  helping you breakdown stats

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  0

OOC scheduling is done too far in advance to preclude teams from playing in MNC games because of it.  When the contracts were probably signed 3-5 years ago, UofL playing Miami and K-State looked much better than USC's tandem of Arkansas and Notre Dame.  It's a bad system anyway you look at it.  

As of now, the best way solution would be for undefeated Michigan/Ohio State winner to play undefeated Rutgers.

If that isn't possible, then someone has to play with one loss and that decision will just be arbitrary.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Once again though people sit here and yell about OOC opponents. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE.

Compare Bowl teams played:

USC: Arkansas, Nebraska, Wazzou, Arizona State, Oregon State (Lost), Oregon

Florida: Southern Miss, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, LSU, Auburn (Lost), Georgia

Rutgers: Ohio, South Florida, Navy, Pittsburgh, Louisville.

Teams they have not played or that I expect will be Bowl Eligible:

USC: Cal, Notre Dame

Florida: South Carolina, FSU, Arkansas

Rutgers: Cincy, WVU

That is what is hurting Rutgers they need to destroy WVU and hope for USC to lose. IF Florida looks bad and wins out they might have an outside shot to jump them, but I think in the end the computers could favor UF.

Once again I think this is all moot as I believe WVU will beat Rutgers.  That will push Louisville back into the picture.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Again, we assume that the SEC is tough because they, "beat up on each other", though we have very little data to support it.

Georgia, Kentucky, Alabama, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Mississippi have not been real impressive this year.  LSU and Auburn look good, but mostly they've beaten the others listed.

OOC scheduling is done too far in advance to preclude teams from playing in MNC games because of it.  When the contracts were probably signed 3-5 years ago, UofL playing Miami and K-State looked much better than USC's tandem of Arkansas and Notre Dame.  It's a bad system anyway you look at it.  

As of now, the best way solution would be for undefeated Michigan/Ohio State winner to play undefeated Rutgers.

If that isn't possible, then someone has to play with one loss and that decision will just be arbitrary.

a 12th game was added and top big east teams should have got on phone with top 10 teams and played them on road

instead wv called eastern washington to come to morgantown

big east had their chance to play big boys and ran from it

ksu has never been better than arkanas

ul isnt usc.ul and wv need to go on the road if they have to

Again, we assume that the SEC is tough because they, "beat up on each other", though we have very little data to support it.

Georgia, Kentucky, Alabama, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Mississippi have not been real impressive this year.  LSU and Auburn look good, but mostly they've beaten the others listed.

SOS tells the story

ru losing is another blow to big east

hope they learned their lesson

they(like rest of better BE teams) need to scehdule much tougher opponents on the road

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

I totally agree.  Louisville's chances are shot.  It's not for lack of a schedule, though.  It's the pure bias that some humans possess.  If Miami and Cincy can scrape up one more win, the Cards will have played 9 bowl teams also.

And I would totally give USC the shot if they win out.

you would never hear a SEC fan say that!

I totally agree.  Louisville's chances are shot.  It's not for lack of a schedule, though.  It's the pure bias that some humans possess.  If Miami and Cincy can scrape up one more win, the Cards will have played 9 bowl teams also.

And I would totally give USC the shot if they win out.

you would never hear a SEC fan say that!

playing bowl teams means little when talking about the NC

being a bowl team means playing .500! big deal

you need to play other teams in top ten competing for NC

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  254

a 12th game was added and top big east teams should have got on phone with top 10 teams and played them on road

instead wv called eastern washington to come to morgantown

big east had their chance to play big boys and ran from it

ksu has never been better than arkanas

ul isnt usc.ul and wv need to go on the road if they have to

I know the great Smazza is the most knowledgable football fan on this board but I have to say that for the previous 10 seasons, Kansas State has been to many more major bowls than Arkansas.   Until this season,  Arkansas has been a middle of the road SEC program.  They were last good when they were a member of the old Southwest conference.