• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keyshawn Deactivated by Bucs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

See ya Big Mouth. Don't let the door hit you on the mouth, oops I mean ass on your way out. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Go have fun where your mouth has been appreciated. (ref. Irvan). Go play with your Tuna bigmouth! We don't need you!

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Parity will kill the sport.  Why root for a team after it wins the Super Bowl?  99.999% of the past 10 Super Bowl winners go down the toilet bowl in one or two years.

This is another way of saying "I want my team to make the Super Bowl every year." Well, guess what - there are over two dozen other teams in the league whose fans are thinking the same thing! I would much rather see a league like the NFL, which has parity instead of the tired crap that MLB has become.

The Bucs only need to look at themselves to figure out why their season is going down the tubes. Yes they have a nasty case of the injury bug, but it sure isn't the "system's" fault that they are losing so much. On top of that, Gruden won it all last year with mostly Dungy's guys on the team. So there's bound to be some friction going on with guys like Me-shawn who don't necessarily gel with this coach.

Agree with your statement about the draft though, the Bucs mortgaged their future to get Gruden, and Keyshawn before that - so they don't have the luxury of making poor picks in the draft. The draft classes of the last couple years are starting to become very critical.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Why root for a team after it wins the Super Bowl?  99.999% of the past 10 Super Bowl winners go down the toilet bowl in one or two years

You root for the team because you are a fan of the team whether they win the superbowl or go through an entire season without a single win. If you could care less about the team and only want to root for winners then just wait till the end of the year until the SB winner is determined and buy their highlight DVD and don't worry about it.

They got their short-term goal (Super Bowl), but they destroyed the long-term potential fo this team.

this makes no sense  :-/

ummmmm, so are you saying then that we should have forgone the superbowl to continue to come close to it year after year? or are you saying that we forgo the superbowl now so we can continue to hope to win it in the future? I just don't get this, the goal is to win the SB always and that's what we did. I'll agree that parity is hurting the sport but not because of dynasties...yes dynasties are a thing of the past due to parity but to me the problem is more the complete lack of loyalty to a team or city by the players, its become all about the money instead of the game and it also makes it very difficult to truely like a player knowing they are here only for the check and if the money calls somewhere else then their gone.

Also, I think this move was a long term decision, keyshawn already said he would not play here next year so keeping him can't be anything BUT a short term decision. I just wish the NFL would take this approach across the board with these selfish players. The player is and should be there to help the team, the player gets paid to be utilized the way the coaches and/or owners and GMs feel he should be used. Instead these arogant players think everything should be about them and that the coaches should be thinking more about getting them the stats, the spotlight and fame. I love this move and have the utmost respect for the bucs having the balls to worry more about getting control of the team back then kissing up to one person for possible short term benefit of the last quarter of the season. Let the season go and put these a-holes in their place.