• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another Sorry Sapp Story

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

A buddy of mine is a first cousin of Warren, their mothers are sisters. And have been together at family outings, etc. Not real close, but as close as I am to my cousins that I hardly ever see.

My buddy is a defensive coordinator at a small TN Football team now, but played at Merrit Island and at Purdue. Knows Hugh Smith and I think it was Glenn Davis that transfered from Purdue.

Anyway, he wanted to get warren to sign a football for a friend's son as a B-day gift. The next time he caught up with Sapp he asked him if he could sign the football, Sapp replied, " I'm F'n tired of doing this $hit for family!" and didn't sign it ...

... Willie then got another Buc to sign it.

Sad Sapp

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

Then again, once the money starts flowing - you'd be surprised how big your "family" can get. Cousins you never even knew existed come out of the woodwork.

And truthfully, you never know how many of those signed balls get e-bay'd, family or not.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

I can't believe this is a newsflash...

I am not a Bucs fan, but have heard stories of Sapp's crap for years....

Best thing about pro sports...you can get away with murder.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

Then again, once the money starts flowing - you'd be surprised how big your "family" can get. Cousins you never even knew existed come out of the woodwork.

And truthfully, you never know how many of those signed balls get e-bay'd, family or not.

I was going to say I wasn't surprised but Wooly brings up a good point about the "extended" family...... Having said that though, we all know that Warren's not the most personable  chap off the field. He does some good things but then there are stories like these ...........

I was going to say I wasn't surprised but Wooly brings up a good point about the "extended" family...... Having said that though, we all know that Warren's not the most personable  chap off the field. He does some good things but then there are stories like these ...........

My beef on this ... as most athletes do ... they give money ... these guys are sick w/money ... their "good things" are the same as you or I droppin' a dollar in a cup or buying girl scout cookies ... giving time from your busy schedule as some NFL'rs do is "something good" IMO.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Sapp does not give back to the community, let alone to his family. What a jerk off. Another Big Mouth that needs to go. What a used up has been! Fat ass murfur!

I expect this to be Sapps last year ... the Johnson salary hit ... they won't pay Sapp the money he wants ...

Bye Bye Bye  8)

Guest wildrover

I have mixed feelings about this, I run by one buc place everyday at lunch and everyday there is always one or two people hawking the place hoping to score an autograph.  One day we watch one buc stop and sign some helmets for some people.  One of us running said that it was cool for him to do that then someone else brought up a good point.  We all have things about our jobs that we don't like and when you make the kind of money these guys do, it really is part of the job.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to **** on the people who enable you to live such a lavish lifestyle.  

The flipside is, this ridiculous market that has developed over the past few years, well I guess its always been there but lately it seems like its growing out of control with these memorbiala freaks who will do anything for a signed whatever.  Seems silly to me why someones signature makes something more valuable doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense to me but people are into I guess.

Then again, if someone is making money off these players signatures so what, the players are  makin money off of those same people when they pay to go t the game and buy their jersery's, seems like a nice sembiotic relaionship to  me.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

he will be gone after this year