• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yusuf Baker a Tulsa Golden Hurricane

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It is a good point...

If a player has talent, somoene will pick him up, regardless of whether he had trouble in the past.... apparently he did well at CSI, so Tulsa was willing to grab him.  It says Nebraska and Alabama were his other choices, i'm willing to bet they chose not to take him, rather than Baker wanting Tulsa more!  

Tulsa is a decent school, but it isn't exactly great.  If he had no problems, Bama would have grabbed him.

I don't know all the details to his dismissal, but i'm taking coach's side on it.  Coach felt he would be a cancer to the team... not all other coaches would feel that way, but we should be happy that Mac is sticking to his system even if it means we lose a supremely talented forward like Baker.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

time to move on

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Low blow Bulldoug.

I said "alledgely".  ;D

FWIW, I hope the young man learned a lesson and has turned a corner.  However, it is the standard mode of operation to villify any players removed from an educational institute's athletic department for not getting their **** straight after multiple chances to "get 'er done".  Personally, if CRM would take him back, I'd be happy to see him 'cuz he's a talented basketball player.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Well, in Mac we have have to trust.  His team and his decisions.  I just hate too lose good players and it just doesn't seem that Yusuff was ever in trouble but somewhere behind the scenes he must have been.  We may never know.  Kinda like Bush/Chenney testimoney.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

So he gets to play in Conference USA after all. Whooptidoo.