• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt's 2-Minute Drill Irks Media

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't mind teh closed practices either. I encourage it!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

guess I won't be taking any more practice pictures then

we'll have to live with the 2300 or so shots from games. the struggle continues

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Saw a bit of the press conference on tv last night and Coach sounded terrible. I'm not sure if that is the reason why he cut the press conference short, but I am sure it would have been difficult to get through all the questions the way he sounded.

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Saw a bit of the press conference on tv last night and Coach sounded terrible. I'm not sure if that is the reason why he cut the press conference short, but I am sure it would have been difficult to get through all the questions the way he sounded.

I wasn't going to say anything because it sounded kind of bogus but in light of what you're saying, maybe it's not. Al Keck, on his show today, said the reason CJL didn't take but a few quesions was because he was getting laryngitis and needs to save his voice for Saturday. Not sure why someone from USF didn't make that public knowledge but it sounds plausible considering he sounded pretty bad ...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'm not saying that is why he cut it short, but I could certainly see how he could struggle if he was up on the podium for a while.

he was yelling quite a bit when I was around practice

you don't want to be in his doghouse-- like Terry says

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't going to say anything because it sounded kind of bogus but in light of what you're saying, maybe it's not. Al Keck, on his show today, said the reason CJL didn't take but a few quesions was because he was getting laryngitis and needs to save his voice for Saturday. Not sure why someone from USF didn't make that public knowledge but it sounds plausible considering he sounded pretty bad ...

Quick question...did Leavitt's laryngitis also cause the 2 promised QB's to the media to not show up?

Heck...if he was worried about layrngitis...wouldn't he of said..."Hey guys...my voice is gone...here are the 2 QB's we promised that would be available for questions today...so fire away to them instead. Thanks"

That would of make sense...right?

KL

no sense at all, imo

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Quick question...did Leavitt's laryngitis also cause the 2 promised QB's to the media to not show up?

Heck...if he was worried about layrngitis...wouldn't he of said..."Hey guys...my voice is gone...here are the 2 QB's we promised that would be available for questions today...so fire away to them instead. Thanks"

That would of make sense...right?

KL

Quicker question(s), what does it matter to you?  Don't you already have a team to be concerned with?  

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Is this a set weekly press conference or was it called for a special purpose?  Either way, the team works too hard and the fans care too much about growing the program for CJL to act in this manner in a public forum.  Sorry, but it was the totally wrong thing to do.  If DW knew CJL was not going to participate in the proper fashion, they should have cancelled and just issued a statement as a professional courtesy to the reporters.

this is a man that knows how he feels on the subject and stated it beautifully

cl looked bad  but will have opportunity to fix problem

cl is not bill parcells.cl has accomplished nothing  and has no right to act like a jackass