• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Softbulls Focus on Sheriff NOT Cougars

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Leigh Ann Ellis being suspended for both games on Saturday, is not the reason the Softbulls split the doubleheader. The Sheriff made a guest apperance at  the Softball Complex and was giving Houston an ear full. For some odd reason, one I cannot understand at all our own team did not see the Sheriff's heckling very helpful. During the game Catcher Sarah Watson turned  around and yelled to the Sheriff "Shut up" then the following inning the dugout told the Sheriff to shut up.

A) The Sheriff was helping us by heckling the opposing team  B) If the team, catcher, and coach are so focused on the Sheriff then their heads obviosuly are not into the game. Hopefull the Softbulls will realize the game they are playing is more impt than listening to the crowd.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

All I can say is Sarah Watson would've been benched if I was the coach. For her to turn around and make that comment, I wonder what the hell is going on in that head of hers! You have a ballgame going on, and you're going to tell a fan of YOUR team to shut up while he is trying to get the Cougars to unravel! Pay attention to the **** game! You're a division IA athlete... expect to have people pulling for your school to be vocal! And yes, everything was CLEAN in my language as I saw many little kids around as well as I had a friend of mine in his late 60's there that I wasn't going to embarass!

We got to the game in third with the Bulls down 6-0. As soon as I got seated and got a program, I started giving their pitcher Crystal hell. She went from throwing strikes to pulling her hair out! Next thing you know we load the bases. After some nifty glove work by Houston's 2nd baseman, we were able to push a run across. With the bases jammed again, Ms. Sarah "I need to stop eating cheeseburgers between innings" Watson comes to the plate and chokes to say the least! Normally, I wouldn't be critical of a player, but screw her! Her comments were uncalled for... she needs to suck it up, she killed our inning! I didn't swing the bat for her!

I was razzing Houston's second baseman about the error she made allowing us to score a run in the bottom of the third when Watson turned around and made the comment in the fourth. I am still in awe.

After the game, in which we got spanked 7-3, she comes outside the dugout and hangs with her boyfriend or whatever the hell he is on the Houston side. If I just got worked like that, went 0-3 in the game, as well as being out of position on the possible put out at the plate in the seventh, the last thing I want to be doing is hanging out with someone when the next game is minutes away! That loss all but killed our regular season title hopes and I would be in the dugout ready to go get the next game!

I don't recall anyone from the dugout saying shut up, but the assistant coach who is standing by for Kenny Erickson complained about my heckling. For crying out loud... it's a **** sport... not a tea party! I will not goto another game until Erickson is back at the helm. I've heckled at softball games since 1999. For them to lose their composure like that is unprofessional! I didn't give up six runs, but I was **** well trying to do what I could to help us get them back!

I'm done with softball! I was hoping to catch LeAnne Ellis for game two not knowing her suspension got moved to two games vice one. It's a shame coach and her catcher chased away one of the most loyal USF fans out there!

I will stick to reading about the games... but will not waste a great beach day to cheer for some ingrateful Bulls. I wish baseball was playing at home today!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

obviously USF was thinking about something else.

does softball want it too be like golf and tennis where it is taboo to breath.Insane

New AD should tell coaches to go up to fans like The sheriff and shake his hand.Encourage vocal support don't discourage it.

Sometimes ,I think it is part of USF's masterplan to piss off the great fans.

If I was AD I would not only encourage  Sheriff but would reward him and others by going to events and handing out  tix to  other premier events  to the most vocal fans.

After the Cougars snapped the Bulls' 26-game home winning streak in the opener of the twin bill, Kasey Cash allowed three hits, struck out three and walked none to help USF (48-9, 16-4 C-USA) gain a split. Carmela Liwag drove in two runs and Kattrina Dowd had two hits

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Sheriff,

I spoke with Leigh Ann last night and told her what happend, she couldnt believe that and said if she was there she would have encouraged your heckling. She is starting today and would love for you to come out and support her.

Guest wildrover

The one baseball game I've been to I was really suprised about the crowd, it was so quiet, and no one was giving anybody a hard time.  I wanted to start yelling but I wasn't sure if that was proper etiquitte at the games.  

The Devil Ray games has rowdier fans that our college fans, thats sad.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

What a shame!!! No wonder there isn't enthusiasm to go to our softball games if crap like that goes on. For cryin out loud! Doesn't the catcher realize that part of the sport is loud, cheering which includes heckling the other team into breaking their concentration? Evidently not. If she want quiet, join the golf team. Maybe she deserves a 1AA scholie instead of ours!!! >:(  Reaper

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I don't recall anyone from the dugout saying shut up, but the assistant coach who is standing by for Kenny Erickson complained about my heckling.

Were you heckling?  There's no heckling in softball!

Tom Hanks

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Who pissed in Sarah's cheerios is what I'm wondering.  

Telling one of your own fans to shut up when they are riling the opposing team is now on my list for stupidest things ive heard done.

That would be like  Swifty or Leather telling us to shut up when we are razzing the other team.  

Why wouldnt you want your opponent losing focus, getting pissed off, etc.

Boy we are in for some real trouble on the road.  If we cant focus when the opponent is getting razzed, then what are our girls going to do when they are the ones getting razzed ?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

sheriff - don't give up one idiot does not speak for the team

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

wildrover i go to the baseball games and although it is very quiet there are a few fans who try to make some noise, myself being one of them.  but we need more support its kinda hard to make some noise when there are only 5 students at the most at a game.