• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Not a great statement...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

hope deandrew uses this for motivation

and kicks packer a$$

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Yup, Title Town USA.  Most NFL championships in the league with 12.  Argueably one of the top five QBs to ever play the game B Farve and the Super Bowl trophy named after their former great coach Vince Lombardi.  We Packer fans have alot to be proud of. I understand MREBE as all good Bear fans should hate the Packers.  How many games have Bears won against the Pack in the last 10 Years ? Two ? Nice.  If the Bears aren't carefull the Pack may finally win more then the Bears.  It is getting close.  For the pure football fan the Bear vs Pack has to be the best rivalry in football.  The Pack have owned the Bucs 29-18 lifetime.  Of course a few of those years both teams were really bad "Bay of Pigs" games.  I cheer for the Bucs every game except when they play the Pack.  Ain't no Yellow in either the Bulls or the Pack.  Green & Gold all the way Baby !

Guest wildrover
Yup, Title Town USA.  Most NFL championships in the league with 12.  Argueably one of the top five QBs to ever play the game B Farve and the Super Bowl trophy named after their former great coach Vince Lombardi.  We Packer fans have alot to be proud of. I understand MREBE as all good Bear fans should hate the Packers.  How many games have Bears won against the Pack in the last 10 Years ? Two ? Nice.  If the Bears aren't carefull the Pack may finally win more then the Bears.  It is getting close.  For the pure football fan the Bear vs Pack has to be the best rivalry in football.  The Pack have owned the Bucs 29-18 lifetime.  Of course a few of those years both teams were really bad "Bay of Pigs" games.  I cheer for the Bucs every game except when they play the Pack.  Ain't no Yellow in either the Bulls or the Pack.  Green & Gold all the way Baby !

I think I might take exception to some of what you have here.  It is just my Opinion though its not an attack nor I'm I trying to convince you that your wrong But.................

I usually get a kick out of fans who bring up History to argue the present.  The islander fans did it when they bragged about they're cups and the Canadians are doing it now.  Look where it got them.  When teams start getting points or can start dictating rules or something based on their past success then I think it might become relevant until then, How many games you've won, cups, trophey's, banners you have hanging from your rafters really has nothing to do with how good a team may or may not be right now so it really isn't a good point when discussing a teams validity.

When it comes to rooting for the Bucs except when the Packers are in town, that one does irk me a little.  Do you love you wife except when your High School Sweet Heart is in Town?  Being a fan of a lot of the teams from this area I might not be as objective as I should be on this one.  But it does annoy a little to go into the arena and the visiting team gets an extra home game.  If that town, where ever you came from means so much that you can't root for the team that represents where you now live then in my book you should have never of left that town.  We all have different priorities in life, some family, some career and apparently some are ridgidly attached to their city, so much so that even though they let go of friends and family when they move they won't let go of their loyalty to a city?  That seems strange to me.

Your right wildrover, how good a team is now has nothing to do with the past,  Best example I can think of is the proud tradition of the Celtics.  The Pack happens to be good right now but things do change.  In college tradition does help I think in getting players to come to certain schools Duke,North Carolina or ND and Ohio State.  Pros is different with free agency and salary caps.  I think it is great when a new team comes to town and folks throw their support behind them but you shouldn't be upset when others remain loyal to the team they have cheered for their whole life.  The fair weather fans I hate are the ones who jump from team to team based on whoever is winning and the ones that don't support their team when it is losing. The Bucs are a perfect example of the this.  Many times I have sat in Tampa Stadium when there weren't more then 25k and by half-time alot less then that.  I moved out of the Tampa Bay area but I still cheer for the Bucs and love my Bulls and of course the Pack.  No personnel attack taken here, we just agree to disagree.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

that was a classless statement to make about a 7th round pick, IMO

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

packers- never liked them.they have always had an arrogance about them and the statement about rubin was uncalled for and untrue.Sherman has made many mistakes.

what has pack won with sherman at controls?

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I just noticed that DeAndrew was traded to the Scottish Claymores, the same team where Scott McCready plays W/R:

Claymores Add 2 to Roster

The injury to TouchdownClaymores.com supported player Nick Davis has been severe enough to send him back to the USA. We wish him all the best with his rehab and for a speedy recovery.

Coach Jack Bicknell has quickly brought in a replacement in the form of DeAndrew Rubin who has bounced around from Frankfurt to Amsterdam to Scotland in exchange for lineman Justin Sands who was send to the Admirals last week. Bicknell has also brought in Doug Kaufusi, a free agent tackle who he knows from Barcelona last year | 20 Apr, 04 | 12:39 pm

Their team lost 17-3 today:

..PASS REC No YDS AVG  LG TD

S.McCready 3   47  15.7 26  0

DeAndrew came in as a substitute but didn't have any passes thrown his way.

http://nfleurope.com/stats/2004/04242004_sco_col_stats.html

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Here is a Claymores article mentioning Rubin:

Strengthening the squad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 20, 2004

NFL Europe

DeAndrew Rubin joins the Claymores as a replacement for the departing Nick Davis. photo: photo-stock.co.uk

Claymores head coach Jack Bicknell has moved to strengthen his team following Sunday's 3-0 defeat to Amsterdam Admirals at Hampden Park and the loss of Miami Dolphins allocated wide receiver Nick Davis for the season with a broken ankle.

The Claymores head coach has picked up Indianapolis Colts allocated wide receiver De Andrew Rubin, who was initially allocated to Frankfurt Galaxy before being re-assigned to the Amsterdam Admirals. He was acquired from the Admirals in exchange for last week's trade of practice squad offensive lineman Justin Sands.

Rubin was a seventh-round draft choice of the Green Bay Packers in 2003 before being signed by the Colts in January of this year.

Bicknell has also moved to bring in a familiar face in former Barcelona offensive tackle Doug Kafusi, who played for the coach at the Dragons last season after being signed as a free agent.

The Claymores defense has been boosted with the return from injury of Swedish linebacker Jens Pettersson who broke a finger during the Claymores last pre-season training camp scrimmage in Florida.

Offensive linemen Michael Jonsson and Chris Smith have been re-assigned by the League to Rhein Fire.

The 0-3 Claymores face a crucial match in Germany this Saturday when they travel to take on Cologne Centurions, also 0-3, (kick off 6pm) at the RheinEnergieStadion.

http://nfleurope.com/claymores/news/2004/04202004_lede.html

Man I hope DRube makes it all the way to the NFL but you guys are ridiculas when a Coach cann't even say he made a mistake when he drafted someone.  smazza, what has Sherman done ?  49-27 all time in his "first" head coaching job, won his division two out of the four years he has coached and been in the playoffs three out of four years.  Now if you want arrogance then try Cowboy fans, they are by far the worst.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Man I hope DRube makes it all the way to the NFL but you guys are ridiculas when a Coach cann't even say he made a mistake when he drafted someone.  smazza, what has Sherman done ?  49-27 all time in his "first" head coaching job, won his division two out of the four years he has coached and been in the playoffs three out of four years.  Now if you want arrogance then try Cowboy fans, they are by far the worst.

Coach draft statem't - I agree.  Coach should be able to say he made a mistake about a player that didn't make the team.

Shermans record - You are correct.  Sherman's record is above average.  I agree with your assessment

Dallas fans most arrogant - Nope...Raiders & Eagles are at the head of that line.  Heck the die hard Bucs fans may even be more obnoxious.  Now the Dallas owner may be arguably the most arrogant but there is that ole fart Davis in Oakland that holds that crown IMO.