• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A UCF Perspective

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,447
  • Days Won:  422

Oh, LSU-Tulane and Ole Miss - Memphis are two BCS-nonBCS rivalries that are not as famous.  VaTech has ECU on its schedule through 2015...

Just something to think about.

Are any of those 1-1's?

All of them are alternatining home and away series.  None of them have more games at home than away... except VT-ECU has a neutral site game at Charlotte next year.  ECU also has a couple of 2-2s with UNC and NCState.

So if 3 ACC teams can schedule 1-1 series with a C-USA team, why should USF demand a 2-1 ??

You sure do take all the fun out of this ............. If that's true, I agree with you completely. Still doesn't make them a rival.  ::)

But actually this isn't about what's right or wrong, it's about pulling the chains of a bunch a wankerhead UCF fans that have been whining for years about this.   ;)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

i would rather play ftu/ou/oc than mcnesse anyday

Amen.

Its funny to me how arrogant we got in so short a time, and with very little to base it. Its like the BCS opened up and suddenly we don't care what a horrible system it is and we are somehow ordaned and accepted. I still stand against the BCS (ps if you do not and did so before there is a word for that kind of thing) and I am still for scheduling as many nearby rivals as we can, because if you haven't noticed our "nearest rival" in conference is almost 900 miles away.

Schedule UCF from now until the day that FSU/UF/UM want that spot on our schedule, especially if ESPN wants to show it every year.

PLEASE..............

StopMakingSense.jpg

2 Posts of the MONTH!

Well said by both.

KL

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,962
  • Days Won:  469

First, we dont BEG anyone. The media has blown this up. We do however push for things that make sense like forming a natural rivalry

It's not natural...even if GOL says it is...you guys are C-USA...we dominate you in everything already.  Rivals implies relative equals - we resent that association and aim higher.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You guys at USF are hilarious. There is like 1 of 100 fans that is actually in reality in realizing that just because you became BCS that you are not top of the world. Let me put some things into perspective for those of you that are morons.

First, we dont BEG anyone. The media has blown this up. We do however push for things that make sense like forming a natural rivalry

Two, we have already booked Texas, Florida, and Miami as our OOC. You guys have a cake OOC. You sit here and talk smack about not playing a non-BCS and you have scheduled several cake, non-BCS schools. Honestly, it makes you look like an idiot because your logic is failing you.

Three, as arrogant as you are, you will be passed by UCF, if not already on terms of mind placement of the rest of the state and incoming students/recruits...read: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/colleges/university_of_miami/15154840.htm

USF is like 6-years removed from D2.

and let me state this....

Four, the only reason you guys are even able to talk smack is because we made a bonehead move in conference affiliation. UCF from the aspect of sending players to the NFL, facilities, academics, campus life, coaching and AD credibility are better than USF. USF has two ace's in the hole a victory against us and BCS status.

Five, its funny how with this BCS status you guys talk down to UCF when ultimately if you polled the state of Florida, they would say UCF will be the 4th of the big 4. I mean seriously, with that BCS your in the Big East. Do you know some of you are saying that because WVU beat Auburn that the big east is better than the SEC!!?!

I have spent plenty of time talking with UF, FSU, UM fans and I have to tell you.outside of that one guy who made sense on the post, you all are the most big-headed, unrealistic fans I have ever spoken with.

LAST,

why would we be begging you for a 12th game when we have TEXAS, TENNESSEE, MIAMI, NC STATE, FLORIDA as either already booked or potential OOC games. The only reason we want to play you is for a natural rivalry. As stated by anonymous, "USF aint worth no stinking two-fers.

See you on the field big heads

Hilarious might describe your entire post.

We have a "cake" OOC? Yes, this season is a bit of a downer, but that's the way things go when you make deals years in advance. What was your OOC like in 2005? South Carolina, USF, and UL Lafayette. USF's was Penn State, FAMU, UCF, and Miami. Taking our game versus one another out of the equation I think it's safe to say we played a tougher OOC. Again, it just depends on the year.

Didn't UCF to buy out of the Tennessee game? I figured you would have known that already. We also have OOC games with Miami and Florida. We also play Auburn as well, so it's a bit presumptuous to say that we have a "cake" OOC. If we happen to make a 1 for 1 deal with Oklahoma or Nebraska, then that's more fuel on fire.

AD credibility? Isn't this Tribble's first run as an AD. Sorry, but Woolard is a very credible AD.

The only reason we can talk "smack" is because UCF made a "boneheaded conference move"? The reality is that you didn't have any options until the MAC came calling. Going there wasn't boneheaded because it was better than being an independent.

When you take your poll, then please post the results.

By the way, WVU beat Georgia. Nice fact checking there. And you talk about us being unrealistic.

You guys at USF are hilarious. There is like 1 of 100 fans that is actually in reality in realizing that just because you became BCS that you are not top of the world. Let me put some things into perspective for those of you that are morons.

Two, we have already booked Texas, Florida, and Miami as our OOC. You guys have a cake OOC. You sit here and talk smack about not playing a non-BCS and you have scheduled several cake, non-BCS schools. Honestly, it makes you look like an idiot because your logic is failing you.

Three, as arrogant as you are, you will be passed by UCF, if not already on terms of mind placement of the rest of the state and incoming students/recruits...read: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/colleges/university_of_miami/15154840.htm

USF is like 6-years removed from D2.

and let me state this....

Four, the only reason you guys are even able to talk smack is because we made a bonehead move in conference affiliation. UCF from the aspect of sending players to the NFL, facilities, academics, campus life, coaching and AD credibility are better than USF. USF has two ace's in the hole a victory against us and BCS status.

Five, its funny how with this BCS status you guys talk down to UCF when ultimately if you polled the state of Florida, they would say UCF will be the 4th of the big 4. I mean seriously, with that BCS your in the Big East. Do you know some of you are saying that because WVU beat Auburn that the big east is better than the SEC!!?!

I have spent plenty of time talking with UF, FSU, UM fans and I have to tell you.outside of that one guy who made sense on the post, you all are the most big-headed, unrealistic fans I have ever spoken with.

LAST,

why would we be begging you for a 12th game when we have TEXAS, TENNESSEE, MIAMI, NC STATE, FLORIDA as either already booked or potential OOC games. The only reason we want to play you is for a natural rivalry. As stated by anonymous, "USF aint worth no stinking two-fers.

See you on the field big heads

Time to break it back out .....

crybabyucf2.jpg

And btw, WVU beat Georgia, not Auburn, you wealth of college football knowledge, you ...

Oh, LSU-Tulane and Ole Miss - Memphis are two BCS-nonBCS rivalries that are not as famous.  VaTech has ECU on its schedule through 2015...

Are any of those 1-1's?

All of them are alternatining home and away series.  None of them have more games at home than away... except VT-ECU has a neutral site game at Charlotte next year.  ECU also has a couple of 2-2s with UNC and NCState.

So if 3 ACC teams can schedule 1-1 series with a C-USA team, why should USF demand a 2-1 ??

You sure do take all the fun out of this ............. If that's true, I agree with you completely. Still doesn't make them a rival.  ::)

But actually this isn't about what's right or wrong, it's about pulling the chains of a bunch a wankerhead UCF fans that have been whining for years about this.   ;)

Sorry, Trip... I have also been calling for this to be an annual game... until the UM possibility surfaced.  I believe that, unless we can get UM-UF-FSU to be an annual game, then we should schedule an annual game against UCF.  For two reasons: helps fill the schedule AND gives us a road game that most USF fans can actually attend.

Yes, we are head and shoulders better than them.  So maybe a virtually guaranteed win would be a third reason... then all we need is 6 more to go to a bowl game!!

So your point is we should try to build a rivalry with Louisville, WV, Pitt etc? I could not agree more, thanks.

Um. No.  You really do not understand what it means to be a rival, do you?

First, we won't have a "rivalry" with those teams.  Why?  Because they are so far away.  Only Notre Dame can have long distance rivialries.  To have a real rivalry, there needs to be a lot of overlap among the hometowns and high schools of the players involved.  You also need to have significant ability for the visiting school's fans to make a road trip.

Second, with five OOC games - including trying to land 3 of those at home every other year, I fail to understand why we should avoid UCF.  Puc said that beggars can't be choosers -- well, USF is actually in the begging position, with three open dates on our schedule in 2007.

Does it mean to play a team once in a game that was not competitive?

Huh?

Apparently you must have gone to UCF.

Right now, USF does not have any rivals.  Period.  Yes, we have Big East opponents -- but how many of us root for them when they play OOC games?  I would say that Michgian fans NEVER root for Ohio State.  I would say that Florida State fans NEVER root for Florida.

Rivalries do not, contrary to what some people say, develop on their own.  Why? Because someone actually has to schedule the games ON PURPOSE.  Sure, we could develop a great rivalry with Texas... oh but we'll never play them... but they could be a big rival for us...  ::) ::) ::)

So, for now, I say let's keep beating the everlovingcrap out of UCF every year... unless and until the UM series materializes.

Are any of those 1-1's?

Sorry, Trip... I have also been calling for this to be an annual game... until the UM possibility surfaced.  I believe that, unless we can get UM-UF-FSU to be an annual game, then we should schedule an annual game against UCF.  For two reasons: helps fill the schedule AND gives us a road game that most USF fans can actually attend.

Yes, we are head and shoulders better than them.  So maybe a virtually guaranteed win would be a third reason... then all we need is 6 more to go to a bowl game!!

Honestly, Jim, your points are valid and the game does makes sense from a lot of perspectives...... but it;s still fun yanking chains.  8-)

We still both have a different view on what a "rivalry" is, though ...

We still both have a different view on what a "rivalry" is, though ...

How would you define it??

Maybe there are two types ..... I see your geographic aspect in one regard but rivalries are also born from playing often with things on the line. Maybe I'm looking at from more a pro point of view but I believe the chance for my kind of rivalry with L'ville is there.