• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A UCF Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Let's play them year in and year out and further prove our dominance. If we can't beat an instate CUSA team that we compete for recruits against, what is the point of even playing. There is nothing better knowing we smacked their asses all over RayJ last season. Why not do it every year? I enjoy heckling UCF during baseball, hoops, and whatever other sport we play them in... we have not established ourselves as a fourth power in the state yet... we were lucky to get in the Big East. When we constantly pound the Rutgers, UConn's, and the UCF's of the world, then we should talk about the Big Four. The last two seasons have done nothing to establish us as the next best thing in Florida. Hell, even Leavitt said last year's squad wasn't his best... and we sucked in 2004... so that must mean we have regressed in the previous two seasons. We need to get our **** together and start spanking the little boys of the world, and then we can hold our heads high... A fluke win against Louisville will only go so far when you lose to a UConn or a downtrodden Pitt squad.

• Topic Count:  9,894
  • Content Count:  66,066
  • Days Won:  172

i would rather play ftu/ou/oc than mcnesse anyday

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

ummm nope. We will try to play the Miami's of the world. USF dosen't need this game UCF does. Why play a non BCS School every year. What happens when we are good enough to play for a National Title and playing UCF brings down our SOS. Thank, but we would rather play the big boys.

I hear FAU needs a rival call them.

;D

Do you HONESTLY think USF will have FIVE BCS non-conf games every year???

As one USF fan I talked with yesterday found out....that USF needs FIVE non-conf games EVERY YEAR!! (He thought USF only needed 3 non-conf games every year).

Miami....might be ONE of them.

You just signed contracts with McNeese St, FIU, and Wofford!!!

I don't think any of those teams are BCS.

Again, what does maybe playing Miami (scheduled now 4 games over 9 years) have to do with possibly playing UCF as one of the FIVE non-conf games?

Thanks for playing "I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!"

KL

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

i would rather play ftu/ou/oc than mcnesse anyday

Amen.

Its funny to me how arrogant we got in so short a time, and with very little to base it. Its like the BCS opened up and suddenly we don't care what a horrible system it is and we are somehow ordaned and accepted. I still stand against the BCS (ps if you do not and did so before there is a word for that kind of thing) and I am still for scheduling as many nearby rivals as we can, because if you haven't noticed our "nearest rival" in conference is almost 900 miles away.

Schedule UCF from now until the day that FSU/UF/UM want that spot on our schedule, especially if ESPN wants to show it every year.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

When you are BCS give us a call. Why should we help you get there? Enjoy your .500 season.

actually, we went .500 last season

and 10-13 in the past 2 years, but i digress

Compared to 8-16?

You're pathetic.  Your whole alliance to USF is mute.

Arguements about SOS and RPI and non-BCS go out the window until you're scheduling 12 BCS Top 50 teams.

Well, I don't see many BCS teams playing annual series with non-BCS teams. The only one I can think of off the top of my head would be Colorado-Colorado State and that was around long before the BCS ever took hold. Why should this be any different?

Jamie, to be fair, how many OOC rivalries do BCS teams have even with other BCS teams?  In addition to Colorado-Colorado State: Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State, and USC play Notre Dame; and Florida - Florida State is OOC.  That is about all I can think of.

The rest of the 'famous' rivalries are all in-conference games.  Texas-Oklahoma, Texas-Texas A&M, Michigan-Ohio State, USC-UCLA, Cal-Stanford, Florida-Georgia, etc.

Oh, LSU-Tulane and Ole Miss - Memphis are two BCS-nonBCS rivalries that are not as famous.  VaTech has ECU on its schedule through 2015...

Just something to think about.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Do you honestly think UCF wont be a BCS school in 3-5 years?

Just out of curiousity, what BCS conference do you think UCF will be in during the next 3-5 years?

ACC? Just expanded to 12 teams in 2005. Chances are pretty nil there.

SEC? Next.

Big East? Tranghese mentioned that the new Big East tv deal for Football and Basketball will be announced sometime in August I believe. This new TV deal is going to be very lucrative for all 16 members of the conference, so any perceived split down the road is not likely. The non football playing members will certainly not vote in a football only program and there are already 16 teams in for basketball, so there won't be any expansion of basketball programs.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

USF would take UM over UCF

Bulls Coach Jim Leavitt dodges questions about playing the Knights.

Emily Badger | Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted July 31, 2006

TAMPA -- USF Coach Jim Leavitt said the idea of a continued matchup with I-4 non-conference rival Central Florida "seems like an awfully good game." But he stopped short of endorsing the game a day after UCF Coach George O'Leary suggested the Bulls didn't want to play after this season. Leavitt deferred to his athletic director on the decision, saying he rarely gets involved in setting his own schedule anymore.

Then when asked -- regardless of who would make the ultimate decision -- if he personally wanted the game, Leavitt looked a little miffed.

"I said it seems like a pretty good game," he repeated.

In the same forum Saturday, at the Florida Sports Writers' Association media days, O'Leary was adamant that he wanted to play the game every year. Leavitt, on the other hand, sounded more interested in a regular game with Miami -- a fellow BCS conference member.

"I think that game has a chance to be played every year," he said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/orl-fnotes3106jul31,0,900405.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines-college

One sure way to get CJL NOT to do something is to tell him to do it, the second is to keep pestering him about it. I think this has been the undoing of some good players and good coaches here at USF.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

So your point is we should try to build a rivalry with Louisville, WV, Pitt etc? I could not agree more, thanks.

Arguements about SOS and RPI and non-BCS go out the window until you're scheduling 12 BCS Top 50 teams.

Well, I don't see many BCS teams playing annual series with non-BCS teams. The only one I can think of off the top of my head would be Colorado-Colorado State and that was around long before the BCS ever took hold. Why should this be any different?

Jamie, to be fair, how many OOC rivalries do BCS teams have even with other BCS teams?  In addition to Colorado-Colorado State: Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State, and USC play Notre Dame; and Florida - Florida State is OOC.  That is about all I can think of.

The rest of the 'famous' rivalries are all in-conference games.  Texas-Oklahoma, Texas-Texas A&M, Michigan-Ohio State, USC-UCLA, Cal-Stanford, Florida-Georgia, etc.

Oh, LSU-Tulane and Ole Miss - Memphis are two BCS-nonBCS rivalries that are not as famous.  VaTech has ECU on its schedule through 2015...

Just something to think about.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

The problems I have with the game are: that they kept trying to establish themselves as our rival right off the bat before we even played a game much less a series, that they keep trying to explain to us how it is in OUR interest that we play this game and that they beg us until they look pathetic to play this game. If it were not for those things I could care less weather we played UCF every year, every other year or every five years. UCF wants this game more than we do, so I think it is in their best interest to take a 2 for 1 or take a cash option. I do not know why they are being stuborn and holding up the process, remember folks beggars cannot be choosers ;D Unfortunately UCF we are in a better position than you are and so just because an ugly fat girl keeps begging us to take her to the dance does not mean we have to go with her, that is unless she is willing to give a little ;)